Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling party mask for internal calls?

justinsanders
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We've set up a new contact center and are using IP phone agent to take calls. As this is set up for a service desk, a lot of outbound calls are placed from the individual extensions of the agent to internal customers. We have started to find that rather than dialing the pilot number, some users are calling the direct extension of certain agents. Is there a way that we can set it up so that when an agent calls from extension 1771, that it actually shows up as another extension? Or if that is not possible, can I prevent the extension from showing up at all? We're using CUCM 8.0 and I can't find my answer in the admin guide.

Thanks  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ill give you an example and you can take what you need from it

1771 dials another internal extention 8888

I create a calling party transformation pattern matching 1771 and put it in a partition pt-xform, this changes 1771 to 1234

I also create a css called css-xform which contains pt-xform and attach it to the phone (8888) under its calling party transformation pattern css

when 1771 dials 8888, the called phone (8888) checks its calling party transformation css for a pattern matching 1771, it finds it and changes the number to 1234 which is what 8888 see's on its display.

now, you are trying to change 177[1-8] so you will have to match this, also the calling party transformation css will have to be attached to the destination, as this is going to be a range of numbers I would do it at the device pool level, make sure you tick 'use device pools calling party transformation pattern' on the phones (i think its default).

I think this is the closest option to what you are trying to achieve, if I have misunderstood your requirement please let me know and Ill revise my solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use a translation pattern, you can either change or block the calling party number.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You can also do this using Calling Party Transformation Masks.

Calling Party Transform Masks only work for external calls.

Translation patterns I've only gotten to work for internal calls.

Please rate all helpful posts.

calling party transformation masks should work for incoming calls, you assign the CSS to the DP or directly to the phones to localise the CLI/ANI you get from the PSTN.

I'm familiar with using a translation pattern to change the called number. Not the other way around. I need all calls out from 17XX to appear as 3971. I cant' make a translation pattern that encompasses existing directory numbers and transformation masks only seem to work externally. 

you can use calling party transformation patterns internally, attach it to the destination dp or phones.

OK. What pattern am I matching? The extensions I am trying to mask are 1771-1778. If I create a calling party transformation pattern of 177X it doesnt seem to have any effect.  Isn't this pattern I am creating only going to match someone calling this pattern? I want it the other way around, so that people calling from these extensions to any number get the calling party transformation.

Clearly I am trying to match the pattern incorrectly.

You want to match your internal extensions that the agents will be calling.  You might need to put your agent extensions and internal extensions in separate partitions if they aren't already.

Ill give you an example and you can take what you need from it

1771 dials another internal extention 8888

I create a calling party transformation pattern matching 1771 and put it in a partition pt-xform, this changes 1771 to 1234

I also create a css called css-xform which contains pt-xform and attach it to the phone (8888) under its calling party transformation pattern css

when 1771 dials 8888, the called phone (8888) checks its calling party transformation css for a pattern matching 1771, it finds it and changes the number to 1234 which is what 8888 see's on its display.

now, you are trying to change 177[1-8] so you will have to match this, also the calling party transformation css will have to be attached to the destination, as this is going to be a range of numbers I would do it at the device pool level, make sure you tick 'use device pools calling party transformation pattern' on the phones (i think its default).

I think this is the closest option to what you are trying to achieve, if I have misunderstood your requirement please let me know and Ill revise my solution.

Thanks Tobin. This helps me out a lot.