cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

calling party nomalization call forwarded from UCCX

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have an issue where the calling number is truncated on the 7961 phone with calling party normalization configured and routing the call through a UCCX application. I prefix the incoming number with +1 to globalize it and then localize it on the phone display for direct calls, but when it goes through a CTI route-point I cannot localize the number on the phone display. It shows with a truncated number as +140855523...

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a work around to be able to localize this number transferred from a UCCX application? I assume the calling number transformation CSS doesn't take affect because the calling number is now a forwarded number and not the calling number.

My second thought on this is that the way the phone displays the number it is wasting unused space that could be used to show the entire number instead of truncating it. For one thing, the ... at the end of the displayed number showing that the number was truncated could be used for the two missing digits. Also, there is unused space at the left of the call information window that could be used to extend the phone number space. Lastly, there is a line status icon after the call duration counter that is a duplicate of the one beside the line button. Is that really necessary?

I attached a photo showing the connected call phone display showing the truncated number. The red arrow points to the unused space at the left of the display. The blue arrow shows the ... that could be used for the missing 2 digits. The orange arrow shows the duplicate line status icon.

Couldn't the phone display be updated with a phone load upgrade?

Thanks,
Mark

2 Replies 2

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

I am running into this same issue. Can you share how you worked through this one?

Thanks!

Jared

Jared,

I'm using translation-patterns for calls that go to the UCCX scripts, so I had to remove the +1 there before sending to UCCX. I would prefer to leave the +1 so the number could be dialed from the received and missed calls directories though.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: