Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party Transformation Pattern w/ CFA

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use a transformation pattern applied outbound to calls through my gateway which works fine for calls made directly from the phone extension. However when a call is forwarded using a CFA the Transformation Pattern is not being applied at the gateway.

This is causing calls to fail as the Q931 setup does not include the correct calling number. So, any call which is forwarded to the PSTN is failing.

The Q931 does show the original called party (not calling) so I dont understand why the transforamtion pattern is not being applied.

Any help or pointers appreciated

thanks

Paul.

8 Replies 8

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Is this effecting calls from both external and internal? Also are you using transformations on CUCM or translations on the actual IOS gateway.

Im guessing your telco only accepts calls when the calling number is within the DID (DDI) Range. If this is the case, maybe create a catch-all voice-translation profile on the IOS gateway to translate the calling number to your Main DID Number. Of course you would have specific voice-translations with a higher priority to allow actual DID calling numbers to pass through as per usual.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does your translation rule look like? The first thought is that it doesn't match the original calling party information (i.e. the pattern starts with your NPANXX).

Also, there is a setting in the Outbound Calls section of the gateway/trunk in CUCM which lets you choose which information to send for forwarded calls: the original or redirecting party. Ben is probably correct that the carrier isn't allowing a TN you don't own. Sometimes the presence of RDNIS allows this to be overridden.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

+5 to Jonathan and Ben..

There was a similar thread on the forum and I suggested (echoing the words of the great Jonathan ) that you can choose which redirecting party number is presented under outbound calls..

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls

Calling Party Selection: (change this from default of "originator") to First of last number redirect..

You may then need to configure transformation patterns for the redirected numbers if your extensions are not in your DDI range

To do this go to >

PRI Protocol Type Specific Information

Redirecting Party Transformation CSS:

You should then assign the CSS that has access to the partition of your transformation pattern..

With this, when a call is forwarded, the correct DDI of the user forwarding the calls will be displayed.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi chaps,

I am working on this with TAC. We have changed the calling party selection but still the internal DN is presented in the Q931n setup to the telco. TAC think this is a bug in 9.1.1.20000-5.

I'll confirm back with any further findings.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

This is expected and I dont think its a BUG. When you change the calling party selection, you need to configure a xformation pattern and then assign a css that has the the partition of the xformation pattern as I explained above.

This is normal because the redirecting number will be an Internal extension unless you configure xformation pattern to modify it

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi

I have transformation patterns for every internal extension and the transformation CSS selected on the gateway - this has been succesfully transforming the calling party for 8 weeks so works well. The issue comes when we do a CFA and the number does not then get transformed. We then changed the redirecting party settings to no avail. The "Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound" under PRI  Protocol Type Specific Information has the same CSS selected.

The config has been checked by TAC over 4 hours yesterday - they went away and said there's nothing wrong and I'm waiting for a call today.

I'll report back when they come back to me.

Thanks

Paul

i am facing a similar issue with 9.1.1.20000-5. I see the redirecting number being transformed from 7 digit internal number to a DID number in the log but the SIP diversion header on the outbound SIP invite is sent as 7 digit internal number.

please let me know your findings.

Hi

It wasn't the answer I wanted to hear from tac I'm afraid.  The transformation pattern is very basic in operation and did not change the caller id in the signalling when the call was forwarded. Tac offered only one workaround - to use the external phone mask on the udp. This did not work for us as it broke another requirement. In the end we configured SNR for our users and asked them to configure the destination for forwarded calls as their SNR destination - this feature does present the correct caller id when the call goes back out to the telco. Not great but works for us.

Best wishes

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: