Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party translation internal and external

Hello all!

I have a problem regarding the external phone number mask and some special requests.

Basically is the feature "external phone number mask" enabled and in use.

Now we have the following request:

Several phones are member of a hunt list, with the extension 555. They want now two groups, one should show internal and external the 555. And the other one should show internal the 555 and external the "normal" extension of the user.

Overview, showing the numbers:

Phone group 1:

external: 555

internal: 555

Phone group 2:

external: line extension

internal: 555

Used is CUCM 8.6 and MGCP-Gateways to the PSTN.

Has anyone an idea to configure that?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

DrMxxxxx

7 Replies 7

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matthias,

First of all for external call to show the number your Caller ID service should be enabled at PRI or ISP side.

Now, for Group or Phones which would like 555 to display internal and external put 555 in Alerting name field of Each of that Line under each phone and External Mask as 555 (make sure to select the Route Pattern level Calling Party Transform mask as well)

For Group of Phones which would like 555 to display internally that will be 555 under Alerting Name and for external number put the Extension number you want to display outside under External Number Mask.

Let me know how that works.

Hi Vishal,

thanks for the answer, but unfortunately this is not working here.

Because the Feature "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is enabled both internal and external. :(

Due to that fact, the External phone number mask is used on the translation pattern, which translates the short dial to the full E.164 and on the route pattern to the PSTN Network.

Any other suggestions? :)

Thanks!

Kind regards,

DrMxxxxx

Hello Matthias,

Just to confirm, are you using the entire number for the external number mask or just the ext#?

I would also do a debug isdn q931 on the gateway to confirm if the callmanager is sending out the correct caller-id or not.

If the correct caller-id is being sent, contact your telco.  If not, the problem is on the call manager side.

As Vishal stated, caller-id service has to be enabled by your telco provider.

Hope this helps.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Hi Matthias,

Charles is right, please check if you getting Caller-id on the gateway. Also, I am sorry for confusing you with my first reply. There was no need of Alerting name to be modified. so please ignore that.

Now, you don't need a translation pattern for external mask. Also, External Number mask does not affect your internal calling as it's for "External" calling only.

So correcting my first reply, all you have to do is change External Number Mask of only those phones which need to show different number when calling outside. 

Here's a complete example:

Phone A has extension 1234 and you want to show 9056661234 outside. Just put 9056661234 under External Number mask of that Line and make sure to Check mark "Use Calling Party External Mask" under Route Pattern which you are hitting while calling.

Now, when you call internally it will be displayed 1234 and external calls it will be full 10 digit number. On your Phone display you should see 10 digit number as well.

After that, check on gateway level if you are getting Caller-id. If yes then get it enabled by Telco, If not then make sure on MGCP gateway in CUCM all fields related to IE delivery and party presentation are allowed and checkmarked.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks

Hey there,

thanks for the answers. But I think I was a little bin inaccurate with my explanation.

We use always full E.164 Numbers either internal and external. And that is working fine.

Now a department wants, that some users show their hunt group number internally and externally. And some user should show this hunt group number just internally.

Example:

Hunt group: 4912345-555

All phones has a own number configured

User A: 4912345-123

User B: 4912345-456

What they want:

User A shows this number:

Internal: 4912345-555

External: 4912345-555

User B shows this number:

Internal: 4912345-555

External: 4912345-456

As I mentioned earlier, "Use external phone number mask" is enabled internal (e.g. on Translation pattern) and external (e.g. on Route pattern).

Now I'm looking for a solution to get this request working. :)

Kind regards,

DrM

Ah, got it. Well here's how you do it then:

Create a Partition for e.g. PT-CallingParty and put it in CSS-CallingParty.

Create a Calling Party Transformation Mask as following:

4912345XXX with PT-CallingParty

Check Mark "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask"

Under Calling Party Transformation Mask put "4912345555"

Now, for phones:

Go under each phone and under Number Presentation Transformation Uncheck "Use Device pool Calling Party Transformation CSS" and from dropdown just above it Select " CSS-CallingParty" (Apply config, I will suggest BAT for this if you have multiple phones)

Once done that, For User A put External Mask as 4912345555 

Whereas for User B put 4912345456

Let me know how that works out for you.

Regards,

Vishal

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello DrMxxxxx,

Just to add to what Vishal has already stated;

I just tested the above scenario and the external number mask needed to be the entire number and not just the ext #.

If I entered 555(ext #), the caller-id showed our main number.

If I entered 9191234555(the entire number), the caller-id showed the correct caller-id.

Hope this helps...