Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling via a specific E1 channel

Good Day Team,

Please is there a way to force a particular DN to use a particular E1 channel for outgoing and incoming calls.

Example Extension 232 translated to (4603363) to push and receive calls using channel 3 only

Extension 233 translated to (4603370) to push and receive calls using Chanel 4 only and so on

I don't want to use trunk group as this will bundle some channels instead of just one channel.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's no way CUCM can map an ISDN channel to a DN, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of a PRI for me.

There's really no way to do what they're asking, unless you configure each channel independently and then route the calls using a prefix, as you would do if you had 2 PRIs in the same ISR, and wanted to have a group of users just use one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anthony,

You can busy out other channels for that E1 and call will go out only via channel on that PRI. Also the way channels are hunt can be changed from higher number to lower or lower first to higher.However this will apply for all calls ,i don't think a specific DN can be forced to use specific channels.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/25666/how-busy-out-b-channel-isdn-pri-ios-gateways

Hi Deepak and Jaime

Thanks for your response.

I recently contacted my SP to migrate my 25 analog DNs (which are not in a sequential range) to E1. After this, I noticed that calls end at the receivers side using only the pilot number, this is irrespective of the DN you are calling from.

When I contacted the SP, he explained that the numbers are not serial and cannot be accommodated dynamically on the E1 channels, as such he had to me map the DNs on per channel basics. According to him, if the DNs can be forced to use the exact channel it is mapped on, it will appear at the receivers end and not the pilot number.

Although I am yet to come to terms with this, I decided to give it a try.

There's no way CUCM can map an ISDN channel to a DN, that kinda defeats the whole purpose of a PRI for me.

There's really no way to do what they're asking, unless you configure each channel independently and then route the calls using a prefix, as you would do if you had 2 PRIs in the same ISR, and wanted to have a group of users just use one.

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime and Deepak. Now I have cleared that out. I will push it back to the SP to fix from his end.

Thanks guys

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not unless you take the concept of a partial PRI to the point in which you are going to configure each channel individually.

Exactly what are you trying to do here.

HTH

java