Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 4.x to 8.6 Upgrade on new Hardware

CHRISTIAN END
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am in front of a Callmanager Upgrade from Version 4.x to 8.6. Now i got a little bit serious about the installed IPCC on the CCM Server.

Is that right, that when i will install the DMA on the server, that the CTI Route Points will get down?

The problem is, that i have to hold the IPCC up and running. After the success upgrade the IPCC can die

Does anyone have some helpful hints for me? Or some documents, where something like this is described?

I only have to upgrade the CCM and not the IPCC. So i only want to run DMA for CCM.

Thanks a lot!!!

Christian

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi  CHRISTIAN,

I remember (althoguh its long time now) UCCX services gooing down or CUCM DMA was unable to succeed when UCCX services are running while performing the testing of DMT tool for UCCX upgrade from 4.0(5) to 7.0.

Please refer the section "Important Considerations" from page 7 onwards,

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282467017/23664/UCCX_DataMigrationTool_Guide_405x-701.pdf

Stop the Node Manager from services before you run the DMA tool to upgrade Cisco CallManager in co-resident deployment setup.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Thanks for your reply. As i understand right, i can install DMA. IPCC will go on running. Then i have to stop Node Manager, let DMA run. After that i can start Node Manager and IPCC will start and normal operation?

So only for running DMA i have to stop the IPCC?

Man its crazy ;)

Christian

Hi Christian,

Yes, you need to stop the IPCC Node manager while running the DMA for CUCM, once its over you start the IPCC Node manager to bring it to normal service.

Also request you please rate all the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: