cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 7.1.3 - Direct Inward Dial where?

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have a Callmanager 7.1 install which one of the team who is on holidays normally maintains.  The client has requested that a DID number be allocated to another user, but not nromally administering Call Manager, I cannot identify where the DID numbers are assigned to internal extensions.  Can anyone advise where in the CM Adminisrator this is configured or is this done on the 2811 gateway?

Thanks in advance

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like you have a num-exp that takes 1878.. and changes it to three digits as you already figured out.  Then gateway sends 8.. to CUCM.  Now, to make an extension ring you have two choices.

1.) make sure the phone has an extension in the range of 8..

or

2.) Have a translation created in CUCM that changes the digits to match the internal dialplan.  This is located under Call Routing-->translations

Cheers!

KB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

On the 2811 gateway I have this which I believe to be the translation.  At present it looks like the 800-810 range is allocated to internal extensions where the last 2 digits match.  I assume I need to add a dial peer which a specific destination pattern to a specific extension ie... 805 = internal ext 821. Can soneome please confirm or point me to a specific Document?

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 8..

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:192.168.200.10

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots

description PSTN Access

preference 1

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 91 pots

description PSTN Access

preference 2

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

!

!

num-exp 1878.. 8..

!

!

Looks like you have a num-exp that takes 1878.. and changes it to three digits as you already figured out.  Then gateway sends 8.. to CUCM.  Now, to make an extension ring you have two choices.

1.) make sure the phone has an extension in the range of 8..

or

2.) Have a translation created in CUCM that changes the digits to match the internal dialplan.  This is located under Call Routing-->translations

Cheers!

KB

Thanks Kevin,

options 1 was the item I was looking for.  I created specifics and all works ok.  Much appreciated for the quick response.

David