cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 8.0 LDAP Sync user changed ids

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

If a user’s SAM-Account-Name is changed in Active Directory Users and Computers (System-Id-Guid would not change) will CallManager LDAP Sync pick this up and change their userid in End Users?

The user changed from c985jra to c156jra and I think in AD they just renamed him (not sure), however in CallManager End Users he shows Active with the old c985jra. He was changed in AD 2 months ago and logs into his PC with the new user id.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

I think it will not , i have the same problem , maybe someone else figured it out , i had to remove the user from the AD then re-create the user after 3 days , i know that there is a way to force the inactive users to be removed from end users.

Amer

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

Wow, I think that is a bug!  I just re-created on my CUCM.  In Unity Connection I am integrated with Active Directory and the User ID updates in Unity Connection when it is change in AD.  But in CUCM 8.0(3), with the exact same LDAP integration setup, the user ID is not updating.  That is not good.

I have this working properly on both 7.1.5.33900-10 and 8.0.3.20000-2 for me.  If I update the proper feild on my AD server for sAMAccountName, then do an LDAP directory sync, the userID which is mapped to sAMAccountName in CallManager does update.  The user does not become inactive and an extra user is not created, the existing user that was updated in AD is updated to reflect the new UserID which is their new sAMAccountName.

OK, I just did a manual sync on my cluster and now the userid changed.  For some reason the periodic sync (which show completed in the syslogs) were not updating that field.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: