Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 8 Calling Party Transformation Pattern - Prefixing digits

a.leahy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm looking to manipulate incoming calling party before forwarding a call on to a sip trunk.

Scenario:

CUCM4 <----ICT----> CUCM8<----SIP---->SIP End device

I have no control over the CUCM4 or the SIP end device

Incoming calls from CUCM4 phones are presented with a 4-digit calling number.

Incoming calls from CUCM4 PSTN are presented 90XXXXXXX (normal PSTN number preceded with 9)

I have certain extension numbers that I need to forward to the SIP trunk and modify the calling number prefix.

The problem:

-CUCM4 ext 1000 places a call to 2000, this will be forwarded via ICT to CUCM8. CUCM8 Needs to forward to the SIP trunk and prefix the calling number with a 6 digit site reference

-PSTN places a call to 2000 which goes through the CUCM4 and is forwarded via ICT to CUCM8. CUCM8 needs to forward to the SIP trunk and not modify the calling number.

I believe this should be possible using Calling Party Transformation Patterns. I can't use a normal translation pattern as there is a single destination point within CUCM8.

Configuration tried:

-Create test_partition and test_css that contains test_partition.

-Create Calling Party Transformation Pattern. 1XXX in test_partition and specify prefix digits

-In SIP trunk configuration apply under Outbound Calls remove the check box for "Use Device Pool Called Party Transformation CSS" and specify test_css as Calling Party Transformation CSS.

Doesn't work and I'm either missing something or I suspect I'm trying to do somethign that these are not designed to do (basically I'm trying to create a voice translation rule). I'm not finding the docs terribly clear on this side of things.

Any pointers or advice would be great.

Thanks

Andy

9 Replies 9

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Now when CUCM8 routes the 2XXX calls towards SIP trunk, you shuould be having a Routepattern 2XXX which will have a Route Group contains the SIP Trunk

Route Pattern 2XXX
   --->Calling Party Transformations

You have option of Prefixing the 6 Digit prefix in the Route Pattern Calling Party Transformations,
You could try this instead of Manipulating the 1XXX in the SIP Trunk.

Yep

But this doesn't help as I can only prefix or apply a single mask. It doesn't allow for the changes for the different outgoing scenarios.

Andy

Hi

In this scenario, you may have to have two Similar Route Patterns 2XXX  in CUCM4

Routepattern-1 2XXX should be in a partition where Internal Extensions CSS group should be able to reach (Example 1000 shud have this CSS)

Routepattern-2 2XXX should be in a different partiton where PSTN End Gateway CSS group  should be able to reach.

The above Routepatterns should be pointed to ICT Trunk which is created in CUCM4 for connecting to CUCM8

Calling party Transformation should be applied on the Routepattern-1 for Prefixing Digits

Guru Murthy A
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After the call enters the CUCM 8 Cluster, instead of letting it hit  the Route Pattern pointing towards the SIP trunk directly, create a  dummy translation pattern before it hits the outbound RP.

Let me assume the extensions on the other side of the SIP trunk are 2XXX, a TP which translates 2XXX to XXXX can be used.

When a call involves a Translation Pattern, the Calling Party Transformation Pattern that are configured in the cluster should start working.

Also, if this does not work at the first try, you should try restarting CCM service.

Let me know if this is useful.

I think Andy is talking about Calling Party Transformation

I have just tried the same in my CUCM cluster Calling Party Xformations work!

SIP trunk needs to have the Calling Party Xformation CSS which contains the Partition of the Calling party Xformation pattern

Are you sure that ICT isn't doing any digit manipulations?.

If you call a Phone registered on the CUCM 8 from the 4.x cluster whats the calling number?.

Depending on the Calling Party Number(ANI) you will have to make the Xformation pattern else it wouldn't match.

I have followed the same config steps as stated by you. It works for me. I am on CUCM 7.0.1

HTH

PS:Rate useful posts.

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My Point here is...

on the ICT[as it comes to the CUCM 8 Cluster]

Calling Number : 1000

Called Number  : 2000

Some digit manipulations happen in between, after which RP is matched....

When  the RoutePattern is matched [INPUT to the Route-Pattern] -- This doesn't include the manipulations at the RP level

Calling Number : 2221000

Called Number  :  2000

Then your Xformation Pattern should be based on INPUT to the Route-pattern .. ie 222XXXX should be the Xformation mask here..else it wouldn't work!

Make sense?

HTH

PS:Rate useful posts.!

Hi dijohn

Is there any chance you can post some screen shots of your config?

I've put this in a lab with an ICT between and CUCM v8 and v6 and can't get it to work either way.

Lab setup is slightly different in that I'm calling a 1XXX number from a 1XXX number but the principal is the same.

So ON CUCM8 under:
Calling Party Transformation Pattern Configuration I have
Pattern: 1XXX
Partition: CallingNumberTrans_PAR
Prefix Digits: 1111111

Under CSS I have:
CallingNumberTrans_CSS that contains only CallingNumberTrans_PAR

Under ICT Trunk on outbound I have:
Check box removed from: Use Device Pool Called Party Transformation CSS
Calling Party Transformation CSS: CallingNumberTrans_CSS

Therefore my understanding is a 4 digit phone ext registered on CUCM 8 with extension number 1000 on making an outbound call through ICT should have the calling number prefixed with 111111.

Trunk is up between systems and I can make calls between the two but only ever get presented the 4 digit ext num.

Thanks

Andy

Here are the screenshots from my lab

Hi dijohn

That's the exact config I'm using......wonder if this is a bug in 8 - CSCtf98540 is similar

Thanks for your reply and time on this.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: