cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 9.1 CAR/CDR how many rows stored?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

With the default out of box (which has CDR enabled and CMR disabled) how many row/records will CallManager 9.1 store on a 7500 user OVA template? It just says disk space is monitored/purged, etc.  I see in CCMSevice a default purge of 30 days.

We used to quote "enough space for two millions rows are stored unless purge occurs" but I believe that was under SQL Server/CCM 4.1 and not Linux.  I recall upgrades in 4x days where 2 millions rows had to go thru table upgrades and took  12+ hours.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/9_1_1/cdrdef/CUCM_BK_C268EF1B_00_cucm-cdr-admin-guide-91_chapter_00.html

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's really no way to know that, you get about 6GB maximum, disregard what OVA you use in CUCM.

We no longer define how many records it keeps, you only define the watermarks and how many days you want to keep.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

From the PDI Help Desk;

I was checking your case and I understand is that you would like to know how many rows are storage in CUCM in regards to CDR/CAD database, correct?

1) The maximum size of CAR database is 6 Gb (not configurable).

2) The limit of the number of records is 2Millions.

3) The CAR Scheduler service purges data from the CAR database if it exceeds 6 Gb or if the number of records exceed 2 million.

4) CDR by default keeps files for a certain number of days, up to 30 days. You can change it to 180 days maximum. Periodically check the disk usage and delete old files.

More details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/car/carsydb.html

I note that link is for CUCM 8.6, but it is the same for CUCM 9.

I do recall we used to have a how many records you want to keep in the DB in older versions, but we were using MS SQL and things were different back there.

Right now that's no longer configurable, the DB size is fixed to 6GB in any OVA. The CAR DB size doesn't change depending of which OVA size you choose.

I assume they left that 2M limit hardcoded after doing some math assuming you have data in every single field for each CDR record to avoid problems with you requiring more space to hold them.

It would be just too hard to let anyone change that limit with all the variables that you would need to have in the math.

Bottomline, you can no longer configure how many records you want to keep in the DB as you could in 4.X, you can only configure the watermarks for automatic purge and you get to configure how many days you want to keep.

With the Drive to 9 program, we actually recommend you to delete them to shorten the process:

Step 1 To shorten the upgrade time, delete or purge Call Detail Records (CDRs) or log files that you no longer need.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: