Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager and TFTP stopping following domain name change

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day All,

I am running CUCM 7.0.2 and set the domain name using the set network domain command.

Since then,  my tftp and callManager services will start, but they keep shutting down shortly afterward.

Is there a way to get the system back up and running by removing that Domain name?

If not,  I suppose that I have two choices:

Choice1:  use the domain name and update the DHCP scope.

Choice2:  Re-install CUCM

If anyone has any other ideas or has seen this before; please let me know.

Thanks very much,

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this working before??

Usually that is symptom of not having the feature license and not something related to a domain name change.

Do you see the necessary licenses under licensing in CCMAdmin?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this working before??

Usually that is symptom of not having the feature license and not something related to a domain name change.

Do you see the necessary licenses under licensing in CCMAdmin?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalen,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I will have another look under the license.

The license field shows it allows a single call manager and 50 devices.

I have been told that the server was installed on a Not for Resale sort of license, but I also don't see a license file name listed

when I go to the System - License - Upload license.  I can usually see the name of a license file there that has been previously uploaded.

The server had been working until I made a change to the domain name.

The server is used in our lab.  It was working for few SCCP phones.

I was attempting to get a SIP based Gate Control device to register with the Call Manger.

I noticed that the SIP device requires that the domain field be filled out on its Graphical User Interface.

I placed the domain name on the CUCM to have it match the one configured on the SIP device.

Once I made the change to the domain name;  I noticed that the SCCP phones were no longer registering and the SIP device was

receiving a port not available message from the CUCM.

I fired up the RTMT and it was complaing that the CallManager process was not running.

I tried to manually start the process and tried restarting the server.  Neither corrected the problem.

I tried to remove the domain using the Command Line Iterface on CUCM; but the set nework domain command requires a

domain name.

At this point,  I think that I am looking at either continuing to configure the CUCM for DNS and use DNS Spoofing on the local swithch (router), possibly getting the 90 day evaluation license file from Cisco, or re-installing the software from the DVD.

Cheers again for the help.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

Hi All

The issue was resolved by placing setting the domain name on the LAB server and resetting the device.

Many thanks to Javlenc.

Regards,

Amanda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: