cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Assistant Console CUCM7.1 vs CUCM8.5

matthewlogan46
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated the Cluster of CUCM version from the version 7.1 to 8.5. And in the old platforms, the users used the "Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant Console", this aplication was downloaded from the Cluster 7.1. Now with the new version of the CUCM 8.5, the Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant Console will work? Or an upgrade is necessary?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let's clarify something, the assistant console is used for IPMA. What is gone from CUCM on 8 and later is Attendant Console (NOT the same as assistant console).

If you're asking about IPMA, that's still available.

If you're asking about AC, that has been replaced by CUxAC. Just search CCO for attendant console and you'll get the info on the 3 CUxAC flavors that exists.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The users in the old platform (CUCMv7) used the "Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant Console" as IPMA.

My question is if I have to reinstall the Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant Console in the clients, when the new CUCMv8.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matthew,

Here is the clip from the Compatibility matrix

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant (IPMA)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant derives its version from Cisco Unified

Communications Manager. When you download Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant, it

auto-syncs with your installed version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager. You cannot use an

older version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant with a newer version of Cisco

Unified Communications Manager. Whatever installed version of Cisco Unified Communications

Manager you have, you must use the same version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Hi

I'm upgrading from UCM 5.1.3 on MCS to 9.1(1a) on UCS. My customer has a goup of users who are very reliant on IPMA.

I understand the need to upgrade the Assistant Console client  (in our case from 4.0 on UCM 5.1.3 to 6.0 on UCM 9.1.1a) to synch with the new UCM version.

My question is, by installing the new version of assistant console, will all existing speed dials etc be retained or lost?

Thanks

Brian Houston

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: