We have connected a CUCMv10.5 to an Alcatel PBX with SIP based on this document:
(ALCATEL) == sip trunk == CUCM == h323 trunk ==Cisco vgw - (PSTN)
Most thing goes well, except two:
When a call is goes from Alcatel , and the Cisco side SIPUA agent is put it on HOLD, the Alcatel side cannot hear the music.
Inside of CUCM it is works, also works when the call is come from a H323 gateway.
- Forwarded calls (see call2.png for call flow)
The bigger problem is the forwarded calls. When the call goes from Alcatel, and at the CUCM there is a Call Forward set to a mobile number (via h323 gw), the call is goes out, ring once (or shorter), and the call is ended with normal call clearing. Tried to debug the sdl, but cannot found any error. What caused this? Some calling timeout?
Solved! Go to Solution.
For MOH issue:
- Does the trunk have MRGL with available MOH Server.
- What is the codec of the cals between CUCM and Alcatel IPPBX?
- Is the MOH Unicast or Multicast?
- Did oyu test forcing MTP allocation?
For call forwarding issue, CCM logs are required in order to find out what's going on.
For call forwarding issue, it is solved by force the codec to g711u. The wrong settings was to allow any codec, and the Alcatel's offered codec was refused by the PSTN gateway.
For MOH issue :
- the trunk have MRGL with MOH server included (all of is the CUCM itself)
- the codec is g711u
- the MOH is unicast, as it will be a very simple implementation
- I am not sure I was tested the MTP forcing? Where can I do it?
i have the same case with alcatel omni PCX v11 does the caller ID (name and number ) supported or not ? and transfer feature and signaling encryption between both call control
please advice urgently