Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager - Display time SCCP and SIP

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Just need a nudge in the right direction please.  I have Call Manager Ver 7.1.5 with NTP setup under phone NTP reference the source being a router onsite.  The 9971 SIP phones are fine and receiving the correct NTP time but the SCCP 7925g handsets are not and are about 45min out which makes be believe I'm missing something which is referencing a clock setting rather than NTP.  There are only 9971 SIP and 7925g handsets onsite.

I should also advise that the Device Pool are both set to the same region and time group.  So a not wuite sure what is going on.

Can anyone tell me where the NTP source differs between SCCP and SIP handsets in Call Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dave

2 Replies 2

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dave,

NTP reference is used for SIP phones only while SCCP phones take the time for Call Manager .They use date and time Zone assigned in Device Pool to place them in correct time zone.

This could be a firmware problem for 7925 IP phones. What is the firmware u are using ?

Did u try changing the firmware?

regds,

aman

duclan_hp
Level 1
Level 1

For SCCP phone, wrong time information normally comming from the lack of info in XML setting file.

Under ephone configure mode, let try:

type 7925 (ex)

Dont forget to reset the phone after update config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: