Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Express (CME) Version 10.0 and Jabber for Windows

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

With CME 10.0 Jabber for Windows 9.1.0 and above is supported in Softphone Mode. I know what to setup on CME to get J4W running, but I don't know how to train J4W Client that it will register with CME. Do I have to setup something in xml config file or do I have to setup something on onprem Presence server?

Can someone help me out here?

Regards

René

16 Replies 16

Hi Rene,

I  have the same doubt regarding how to set J4W for CME10

Dida you get any info?

regards

Hi islam,

thanks a lot for the link , regarding the stament in document

"The Cisco Jabber for Windows client should register with a presence server such as cloud-based Webex server, or a Cisco Unified Presence server to enable the telephony features on the Jabber client."

I don´t haver any presence server.. I think must be " MUST REGISTER..." ,  I guest it wont work without presence server .

regards

Hi

Cisco Jabber can support (softphones and Desktop) mode .For CME softphone only supported , other issue for CME conference . Of course if you have prescense , you will get more features. For CME , your jabber will register as phone on your network which cab do calls , this will be ok if you have (iphone , and android mobiles).

Restrictions

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client version should be version 9.1.0 and later version.

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client should register with a presence server such as cloud-based Webex server, or a Cisco Unified Presence server to enable the telephony features on the Jabber client.

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client supports only the visual voice mail functionality using Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) on the Cisco Unity Connection.

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client does not support software-based conferencing and supports only the softphone mode with Cisco Unified CME.

Desk phone models are not supported.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

All these information are great, but the big question I have is, what do I have to configure on CUPS Server? And is it possible to get Jabber for Windows connected to CME when my CUPS Server is already configured with TFTP settings which are pointing to CUCM (Unified Configurations Manager = Callmanager)? Cisco Presence Server Version is 8.6.4

Regards

Hi Rene

No , this is impossible  to do integration between your CME and your CUPS . There is other solution , but will required new purchase orde , integrate your CME with Cisco unified CallConnections , as the below for more information about Cisco Callconnections:-

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/voice_conferencing/unified_callconnectors/index.html

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Hello Filiberto

Reply for your request , find the below please:-

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client does not  support software-based conferencing and supports only the softphone mode  with Cisco Unified CME. Kindly be informed that jabber for windows supported starting form CME v10.

Cisco Jabber for Microsoft Windows

Cisco Jabber for Windows client is supported from Cisco Unified CME Release 10 onwards.

Please find the below link :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeroad.html

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Hi Islam,

In fact I'm running CME ver 10, I have already followed step by step the configuration but the admin guid did not mention

about how to config jabber for wondows client, the only option are cisco webex and unified presence.

Hey Filberto

have you tried jabber 9.6.0 i am going to test it with cme

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim

Hi Mohamed,

cisco doc's states that minimun version is 10.. when I tried to config  jabber client is requiered webex or presense server

I don't have any of them,, I could not go further

regards

Hello,

You need to install Jabber in phone mode. run again the installer with command:

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1
PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode TFTP=1.2.3.4 LANGUAGE=1033 /quiet

Then you should be able to connect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12511/products_tech_note09186a0080c170ee.shtml#anc5

Regards,

d.

Hi d.jurski

Thanks a lot for the link, I've just tried phone mode and it works !!!!

I registerd jabber windows client in phone mode  with CME ver 10  :-)

I'm trying now with CM server but I have problem to registered ..but I will try again...

thanks once again...  5+++      

Hello,

You are welcome, for CM make sure you create a phone with type

Cisco Unified Client Services Framework and you assign it to end user, it is working for me. (Device name does not really matter).

If helpfull please rate the post.

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Filbert,

I was think of Jabber for windows 9.6.0 that has the options on the link by default. But i cant see to register.

If you dont mind can you please post some config and a screenshot of the jabber setting like tftp:

Did you require presence for this

thanks in advance

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: