cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager/Unity Express - What to buy!?

Paul Marks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out the costs/part numbers for a small CallManager Express installation with Unity Express. About 35 users now, maybe 150 or 200 maximum during the life of the equipment. The CM and Unity will be sat inside an ISR in a data center with the users on a 100Mb LES in an office 10 or so miles away. The link will be IPSEC encrypted and the VPN will terminate on this ISR too, it will carry LAN traffic too. QoS on each end will prioritise the voice. There will be a decent Internet connection in the DC, so voice traffic will be SIP Trunk with ISDN30 back.

I'm thinking:

• C3925-VSEC/K9 - That gets me CME, CUE for my 35 seats and the IPSEC accelleration, right?
  • PWR-3900-AC/2 - Everyone likes redundant power
  • NM-HDV2-1T1/E1 - To give me my ISDN30 interface

Have I missed something? The last time I worked with CallManager it was in version 4 and this seems like a very short list!?

What would you recomend for phones? I need gig to the desktop, so 7971G-GE or 7961G-GE? In this fairly simple setup I see nothing wrong with the 7961G-GE?

Finally, what can I do to make this a little more resiliant? There's no pub/sub model in CME is there? Can I failover to another ISR? Or is this the limitation of Express? I can't use SRTS with CME can I? So I can't have SRST in the users' office?

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas/criticisms

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The VSEC bundle does not give you CUE, and CME, get CME-SRST bundle such as this one which will also give you some PVDMs that you will need in case you have any TDM trunks, hardware conferencing and transcoders as they be helpful with your SIP:

C3925-CME-SRST/K9

for CUE you will need to purchase one of supported modules, i.e. ISM-SRE-300-K9 with SCUE-ISM-8.5-K9 and appropriate licenses.

Don't get the NM module as you have 4 HWIC slots on the chasis for VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 card.

79X1 phones are old and EOS so either go with 7975 and 7962 or 7965.

No, there is no pub, sub model but you can have 2 CMEs with HSRP setup, I recommend you read CME SRND/design guide for details.

Also, I would suggest you reach out to local GOLD partner to help you quoting this deal and get nice Cisco discount.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The VSEC bundle does not give you CUE, and CME, get CME-SRST bundle such as this one which will also give you some PVDMs that you will need in case you have any TDM trunks, hardware conferencing and transcoders as they be helpful with your SIP:

C3925-CME-SRST/K9

for CUE you will need to purchase one of supported modules, i.e. ISM-SRE-300-K9 with SCUE-ISM-8.5-K9 and appropriate licenses.

Don't get the NM module as you have 4 HWIC slots on the chasis for VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 card.

79X1 phones are old and EOS so either go with 7975 and 7962 or 7965.

No, there is no pub, sub model but you can have 2 CMEs with HSRP setup, I recommend you read CME SRND/design guide for details.

Also, I would suggest you reach out to local GOLD partner to help you quoting this deal and get nice Cisco discount.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for that, that makes a lot more sense as a bundle too. Here's what I've dropped out the configuration tool, make rough sense?

C3945-CME-SRST/K9
3945 UC Bundle w/ PVDM3-64,FL-CME-SRST-25, UC  License PAK
S39UK9-15204M
Cisco 3925-3945 IOS UNIVERSAL
SL-39-SEC-K9
Security License for Cisco 3900 Series
FL-CUBEE-5
Unified Border Element Enterprise License - 5  sessions
FL-39-HSEC-K9
U.S. Export Restriction Compliance license for  3900 series
VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1
1-Port 3rd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int.  Card - T1/E1
ISM-SRE-300-K9
Internal Services Module (ISM) with Services  Ready Engine
SCUE-ISM-8.6-K9
Cisco Unity Express Release 8.6
PWR-3900-AC/2
Cisco 3925/3945 AC Power Supply (Secondary  PS)
CAB-ACU
AC Power Cord (UK), C13, BS 1363, 2.5m
Included: FL-CME
Cisco Communications Manager  Express License
Included: CUE-LANG-ENU
Cisco Unity Express -  North American English
Included: FL-CUE-NR-PORT-2
Unity Express  License - Non Re-hostable - 2 Port
Included: PWR-3900-AC
Cisco 3925/3945 AC Power  Supply
Included: 3900-FANASSY
Cisco 3925/3945 Fan  Assembly (Bezel included)
Included: C3900-SPE150/K9
Cisco Services  Performance Engine 150 for Cisco 3945 ISR
Included: FL-CME-SRST-25
Communication Manager  Express or SRST - 25 seat license
Included: ISR-CCP-EXP
Cisco Config Pro Express  on Router Flash
Included: MEM-3900-1GB-DEF
1GB DRAM  (512MB+512MB) for Cisco 3925/3945 ISR (Default)
Included: MEM-CF-256MB
256MB Compact Flash for  Cisco 1900, 2900, 3900 ISR
Included: PVDM3-64
64-channel high-density  voice and video DSP module
Included: SL-39-IPB-K9
IP Base License for  Cisco 3925/3945
Included: SL-39-UC-K9
Unified Communication  License for Cisco 3900 Series

Oh, and thanks for the warning on the phones. I think you can tell this is not my normal field of networking...

And yes, once I get a ball park figure for planning purposes this is definetly going out to a partner for discounts and sanity checking

Seriously, thanks again for your help

You will need to add more VM port licenses and VM user licenses as the included count is low.

Chris

Thanks for all your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: