Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls are getting dropped

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

A new issue has come to me. Already TAC are working on that. But I would also like to get useful troubleshooting steps or any action plans.

The issue is the Meeting place Calls during the Peak hours are dropped. When a Meeting Place call is made, the phone on the other end gives one ring and dies. Thats all the information I have right now as I have not yet accessed the servers.

I am going to check the Location, Bandwidth, Codec and Time of Day Routing on the servers.

What else I would have to check?

Thanks for reading. I will ad more informations when I get. Please give me useful suggestions.

3 Replies 3

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

The issue still exists and what I learned from the customer is that this issue is there for last 3 months and for last one month TAC is open and no one is able to solve this issue.

Initially 2 TAC cases where opened. 1 for Meeting Place Express and another one for CCM. The CCM version is 4.2. TAC engineer told that there is no issue with Meeting Place Express. The CCM TAC is still open.

I will describe the issue which I saw myself when visiting the customer place.

Customer has 1 CCM 4.2 and Meeting Place Express. During the busy hours / high call flow time the meeting place calls dies out. When meeting place number is dialed, one ring will occur and the dead silence will be there. After 15 minutes they can do a conference. But again after 15 minutes the issue comes out again. Other thing is that there is no issue with other VoIP calls.

I did a initial check of the CCM and found that Location, Bandwidth, codec are all fine. No problem with that. Day of Routing is not enabled. But what I really doubt is the "DSP Resources". When the issue pops out I executed show voice dsp all command on the Gateway and found that some times the DSP will be all busy and some times some DSP are idle also. So I am not able to confirm the issue is because of DSP only. Can anyone suggest me how to isolate the problem? Any suggestions are welcome. Now I am planning to take CDR and see the call flow.

Thanks for reading.

What version IOS is on the voice router? We had a similar issue and it was the IOS on the Router.

Hi Nathan gageby,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The IOS version of the Gateway Router is 12.3.22. I would like to add one more thing, this is not a newly installed or configured voice devices. This was working perfectly alright for long time. Since three months only it is showing this issues. The only change they have made is that they have added a lot of new IP Phones and analog phones. Thats it.

Thank You.