cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls between H323 enabled gateways via WAN without call manager.

t.rajachitran
Level 1
Level 1

Can we make calls between two H323 enabled gateways via WAN without any call manager? I have H323 enabled gateway in Site A which has T1 links connected to local service provider and another H323 enabled gateway at Site B having T1 links connected to local service provider at Site B. These two H323 gateways are connected through WAN. Is it possible to make calls from Site A PSTN to Site B PSTN without involving any call manager? Suggestions with explanation is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Raja

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

yes thats very much do-able..

setup voip dial-peers on both routers pointing at each other with destination patterns and incoming-called numbers so that way calls outgoing and incoming will be handled properly..dtmf-relay can be h245-alphanumeric. Turn off vad, and set a codec such as g711 if u dont want compression or leave codec at defaults to set it to g729.

Also what phones do you use or do you have a pbx tied to the router?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Shanky,

Thanks for the reply. Yes.. i do have a nortel PBX connected to the router via E1 circuit. I was planning to use QSIG between the gateway and Nortel PBX but one of my friend told me that QSIG is not supported in Nortel. Researching further on this... Do you have any idea about the protocols supported between Cisco VG and Nortel PBX. Please note that there is no IP interface available at the Nortel end.

Thanks,

Raja

Hi,

QSIG is supported on Nortel CS1000E and other Nortel Platforms, following configuration will help you to configure Cisco VG..

Site A:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern 11.........
session target ipv4:9.8.7.6

dial-peer voice 2 Pots
destination-pattern 22.........
port 0/1/0:23

Site B:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
destination-pattern 22.........
session target ipv4:9.8.7.5

dial-peer voice 2 Pots
destination-pattern 11.........
port 0/1/0:23

codecs and other DTMF configuration will be upto you.

Please rate the helpful post

Regards,

Faheem Ansari