Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Terminated by MTP

Gary Tong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I met a problem when integrating with Avaya systems. To make it easily undersood, I just simplified the diagram like beflow. Please kindly share your advice for this configuration.

Phone1-----CUCM1---------FW--------Avaya CM----Phone2

|

|

Router MTP

I configured the route pattern to make call from Phone1 to Phone2 which uses the Avaya CM as the gateway but requires Router MTP resources, once the call established, the RTP stream will be Phone1------MTP------FW------Phone2, where the stream passed the FW with the MTP as source instead of the Phones on site 1.

But when Phone2 calls Phone1, the RTP stream will be Phone2-----FW-----Phone1, which won't use the Router MTP. I expect the RTP stream would be terminated at MTP like Phone2----FW-----MTP----Phone1.

On CUCM1 for this H.323 connection, I have enabled the Media Termination Point Required, Outbound FastStart, and Inbound FastStart.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Jagpreet Barmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gary,

If you CUCM is 8.x and above, you can use the concept of Trusted Relay point.

Two major parts of the configuration:
1. Enable the gateway to allocate/use a trusted relay point. This can be done on the gateway page.
"User Trusted Relay Point"--> On.

2. Configure an MTP which can be used as a Trusted Relay Point. This is done by going to the MTP on the CUCM and check "Trusted Relay Point".

Please make sure that the MTP's region configuration and caps should be approproate to be allocated in the call flow.

HTH,
Jagpreet Singh Barmi

Hi Jagpreet,

Do we need to enbale "Trusted Relay Point" under the Phone1?

Regards,

Gary

Hi Gary,

You should not need to enable it under phone. Once the H323 gateway shows the requirement of using a TRP, the CUCM would negotiate media between the h323 gateway(Avaya CM) and phone via an MTP/Xcoder configured as the TRP.

HTH,

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1-Can you share which codec is used between two regions "cisco , avaya"?.

2- on H323 gateway "can you uncheck "Wait for Far End H.245 Terminal Capability Set" and test again please?.

3-Check that MTP correctly under MRG , and MRG correctly configured under MRGL and assign for device pool?.

4-Are you able to use sniffer as Ethereal to see if any ports is blocked?.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: