cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls to System Call Handler Route to Hunt Pilot but Not then to Related Voice Mail

DAVID BURKHART
Beginner
Beginner

I have been managing Cisco VoIP since v4, and even managed Cisco Unity up through v5. Then I migrated over to Exchange Unified Massaging for about a decade. Now that Microsoft has bailed on UM and we wanted to move our mailboxes to Exchange Online, I've brought CUC in and have been running it for over a year now. Both CUCM and CUC are on v11.5.1.18900-97. 

I now need to create System Call Handlers to replace the Auto Attendants still running on Exchange UM. I have everything working right up until the last step - forwarding unanswered calls to CUC. Here is the method I've used. I'm hoping someone can help me find what I'm missing. I am also open to a more efficient method, if that is found. Thank you in advance!

• Inbound call to 3420 > Forward All to Voice Mail
  • CUC System Call Handler at 3420 answers, plays Standard greeting
  • Caller presses 0 > Transferred to Alternate Contact Number at 4420 (Hunt Pilot), as programmed
  •                 Hunt Pilot set on Unanswered/Busy to forward calls to 4439 using TFB-Staff CSS
  •                 Hunt List has only one Line Group
  •                 Line Group set to Broadcast to five DN
  •                 Each of the five DN have Voice Mail Profile 4439 in TFB-Staff CSS
  •                 4439 uses TFB-Staff CSS and Voice Mail Profile TransfertoUnity
  • Calling phone displays that call hits 4420 for 3-4 rings, then phone display shows call hits 4439 for 3-4 rings
  • Call then transfers to Cisco Unity Opening Greeting rather than Standard Greeting of 4439
  • If 4439 is called directly, it rings 3-4 times then plays Standard Greeting as expected
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nithin Eluvathingal
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

Hope 4439 had a  mailbox in unity connection. Try the below in CUC.

• Login to Unity Connection.
  • Advanced > Conversations >Check Mark “Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nithin Eluvathingal
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

Hope 4439 had a  mailbox in unity connection. Try the below in CUC.

• Login to Unity Connection.
  • Advanced > Conversations >Check Mark “Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

Response Signature

I failed to mention that 4439 indeed has a mailbox in Unity Connection. The solution you provided worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

Well, the solution provided to the Call Handler issue has now caused busy/no answer forwarded calls to end up in the voicemail of the forwarded DN rather than the original called number. How do I resolved both of these issues? 

Jesse999
Beginner
Beginner

can you help me with automatic call transfer ?

like : 

Automatic transfer .  Example :  +31 97010256323,01 automatically to x company +31 97010256323,02 automatic to macdonalds +31 97010256323,03 automatic to x company etc etc  Not aoptions menu: I want Automatically by means of the underlying code.

Like this :

+31 97010256323,01

+31 97010256323,02

i will pay the person who can help us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers