Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls with sound like DTMF

Ccoria1989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with some calls, when a Contact Center Agent receives a call and answer it the caller or the agent hear a sound like a DTMF tone but is very long 30 seconds to 1 minute and some times the sound never finished.

We have CUCM 9.1, IPCOMM, UCCE 9, CVP 9 and GW 2921

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This requires a detailed network topology and call flow. Voice quality issues like the one you are describing need sniffers to capture the rtp stream to determine which side or device / link is causing the issue.

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If only the PSTN calls are affected and the internal IP-IP calls are working fine then you should start by taking a PCM capture from the gateway. Steps to take PCM capture

http://www.networkers-google.com/nwgoogle/Voice/Others/How%20to%20capture%20PCM%20data%20i1311768075.html

Also, can you confirm if the issue started after any changes on the network like adding any new device or upgrading IOS.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish

The calls afected are only calls from MPLS, all the PSTN calls works fine.

The calls arrives from MPLS in codec G729r8.

Regards.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I forgot tell you that the problem starts when we starts production. In one week of tests never happened that but when all the agents starts production that issue starts randomnly.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This requires a detailed network topology and call flow. Voice quality issues like the one you are describing need sniffers to capture the rtp stream to determine which side or device / link is causing the issue.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: