Can a h323 gateway talk to 2 different CCM servers

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have 2 CCM clusters in parallel

1. CCM 4.3

2. CCm 8.0(3).

The CCM 8.0 (3) was built from the backup of the 4.3 using DMA. All gateways, phones etc were restored to the CCM 8.0 (3)

The issue I am having is that the phones on the new cluster ccm 8.0(3) which are just test phones for pilot trial cant make outbound calls.

The cluster uses h.323 gateway. I am wondering if this is due to the fact that the gateway is already talking to the CCM 4.3 cluster. Is this possible?

The traces show that the gateway rejects the call with cause code of 21 (call rejected).

Is it possible for a h.323 gateway to talk to 2 different CCM at the same time?

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

A H.323 gateway can talk to several CUCMs.

You do not mention the IOS release you're using.

Check this out: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

When you have a newer IOS and don't have a dialpeer which contains your CUCM, calls from this CUCM will be rejected.

The doc contains more info.

Cheers,

Martin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

shiznic73
Level 1
Level 1

An H323 gateway can talk to multiple CUCM servers, H323 gateways are all based on their dial peers so you must ensure your dial-peers are correct and do not over lap. Also ensure you have a PSTN (or POTS) dial-peer that matches the digits you are sending from your new CUCM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

That implies that I have a problem with the gateway. The gateway wont accept any call put to it from

the New CCM. Calls work fine with the old CCM. Evrytime a call comes to it, I get a disconnect code of 21. What should I look at. Any ideas? This all relate to outbound calls. So the dial-peer etc are still the same as I do not need to changed anything.

In order to run both CUCM versions at the same time you must have changed the IP address of the new CUCM.  Do you have VoIP dial-peers in your gateway pointing to the new IP addresses?

Yes I have changed the IP of the CCM server. But what do I need the new ip for? I am talking about outbound calls here. The h323 interface on the gateway is still the same. I am not aware of any IP that needs to be changed for the CCM to send calls to it.

Call Rejected.

Indicates that the equipment sending this cause does not wish to accept this call, alth9ough it could have accepted the call because the equipment sending this cause is neither busy nor incompatible. May also be generated by the network, indicating that the call was cleared due to a supplementary service constraint.

So the gateway is giving that? You need a dialpeer with the IP of the CUCM.

At the moment, I have a voip dial-peer which points to the address of the old CCM to route inbound calls.

Are you saying the without this dial-peer, the gateway will not accept calls from the CCM? I thought this only affect incoming calls.

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

A H.323 gateway can talk to several CUCMs.

You do not mention the IOS release you're using.

Check this out: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

When you have a newer IOS and don't have a dialpeer which contains your CUCM, calls from this CUCM will be rejected.

The doc contains more info.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin,

You must be absolute spot on. The IOS on the gateway is 15.1T. Now this makes sense. Thank you! I will test this tomorrow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: