Views
Helpful
Replies

Can ATA 186 devices be configured to send Telstra Dialtone

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I have some ATA 186 devices that are having troubles with an EFTPOS machine.

I was wondering if there was a way to configure the ATA to send Telstra dialtone instead of the steady dialtone that it currently sends?

We have some EFTPOS machines that seem to not be able to recognise the dialtone provided by the ATA.

The firmware is

ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup

Thanks for any information

Regards

Amanda                   

3 Replies 3

You can customize the dial tone following these instructions:

Tone Parameter Syntax

Each tone is specified by nine integers, as follows:

ntone, freq0, freq1, level0, level1, steady, on-time, off-time, total-tone- time

• ntone is the number of frequency components (0, 1 or 2).

• freq[0] (Hz) is the transformed frequency of the first frequency component (-32768 to 32767).

Note Only positive values can be configured to the Cisco ATA 186. For negative values, use the 16-bit

2’s-complement value. For example, enter -1 as 65535 or 0xffff.

• freq[1] is the transformed frequency of the second frequency component (-32768 to 32767).

• level[0] is the transformed amplitude of the first frequency component (-32768 to 32767).

• level[1] is the transformed amplitude of the second frequency component (-32768 to 32767).

• steady controls whether the tone is constant or intermittent. A value of 1 indicates a steady tone and

causes the Cisco ATA to ignore the on-time and off-time parameters. A value of 0 indicates an on/off

tone pattern and causes the Cisco ATA to use the on-time and off-time parameters.

• on-time controls the length of time the tone is heard in milliseconds (ms) expressed as an integer

from 0 to 0xffff sample at 8000 samples/second.

• off-time controls the length of time between audible tones in milliseconds (ms) expressed as an

integer from 0 to 0xffff sample at 8000 samples/second.

• total-tone-time controls the length of time the tone is audible (0 to 0xffff). If this value is set to 0,

the tone will play until another call event stops the tone. For DialTone, BusyTone, ReorderTone, and

RingBackTone, the configurable value is the number of 10 ms (100 = 1 second) units.

For the other tones, the value is the number of samples at 8000 samples/second, where the following

information applies:

– Frequency ranges from 0 to 4000 (Hz)

– Transformed Frequency = 32767 · cos (2pi·Frequency/8000)

– Amplitude ranges from 0 to 32767

– Transformed Amplitude = A · 32767 · sin (2pi·Frequency/8000)

The scaling factor A determines the volume level of the tone. To calculate scaling factors, see the

“How to Calculate Scaling Factors” section on page 5-22.

All tones are persistent (until the Cisco ATA changes state) except for the call-waiting tone and the

confirm tone. The call-waiting tone, however, repeats automatically once every 10 seconds while the

call-waiting condition exists.

Hi Daniele,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I did find that information.

I am getting stuck trying to figure out how to get that into the configuration of the ATA now.

Apparently, this parameter can not be set with either the web or IVR interfaces and can only be set using auto-provisioning.

I have read about 5 pages worth of information of autoprovisioning in chapter 3 of the same manual; but i did not see how I actually manipulate the configuration file.  I am going to have to find some examples of the configuration file to work out what to do next.

I was wondering.  Has anyone had any experience configuring the ATAs with auto-provisioning.

If so, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

The auto provisioning of ATA works in this way:

- the ATA waits for CDP to get Voice VLAN information

- a DHCP server provides an IP address and passes the 150 option with TFTP server

- the ATA asks to TFTP for a file called ATAmacaddress, if this file is present loads this file and stops auto provisioning

- the ATA ask to TFTP for a file called ATAdefault, if this file is present loads it and stop auto provisioning

- if no file is available uses local WEB configuration

If your ATA is under auto provisioning and you want disable it, you can try to set the useTFTP option on Network Parameters WEB menu to 0.

Do you have a call manager or call manager express?

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: