cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Call Manager be Configured to Run BAT Jobs on a Recurring Schedule?

TariqMK
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to run certain tasks on Call Manager (10.5) every so often using the BAT tool.

Ideally I am looking for as much automation as possible, so I am looking for a solution where Call Manager can look at a certain directory, pull the BAT files from there and run them automatically at recurring, set dates.

Is such a thing possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct in your assumption, the same job would repeat. 

There is no other native way to accomplish what you are looking for. Only thing I can think of is developing your "update job" with SQL query if applicable and run it using AXL SOAP API.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, simply build the BAT job, select "Run Later" instead of "Run Immediately" under Job information, then go to BAT -->  Job scheduler, locate the job and select desired frequency i.e. Daily, Monthly, etc and specify time.  If your desire is to run it only on specific hard coded days rather than specific frequency then you would need to replicate this job and schedule for those dates. Alternatively you can create an external job, i.e. SQL job that runs against CUCM using the AXL SOAP API.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. As I understand, re-running the Job would simply re-run the same initially uploaded file again and again - is that correct?

If I wanted to run a different file each time at a specific interval, how would this be accomplished?

Thank you for your assistance.

You are correct in your assumption, the same job would repeat. 

There is no other native way to accomplish what you are looking for. Only thing I can think of is developing your "update job" with SQL query if applicable and run it using AXL SOAP API.

Hi Chris,

Appreciate the prompt information. It does seem like working directly with the API is the way to go.

Do you have a link to any resources which may assist me with this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: