cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CallManager 7.0(1) install read data from DMARelease 7.0(2)?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I did a DMA 7.0(2) export of a CallManager 4.1 box. Can the CallManager 7.0(1) bootable install media read the DMA 7.0(2) export data? Or do I have to uninstall DMA 7.0(2) and re-install DMA release 7.0(1)?

My guess is I have to re-install DMA 7.0(1) as the DMABackupInfo.inf will have TargetCCMVersion=7.0(2)

I wonder why DMA 7.0(2) doesn't have a drop down box to choose target is 7.0(1) versus 7.0(2)?

4 Replies 4

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

I have modified the DMABackupInfo.inf file to match the exact version I was installing. For example, my DMA file was built for 6.1(3) but ended up needing it for 6.1(2). After making the changes in the inf file in the .tar file it was able to load that DMA file with no issues. I have since upgraded the customer to 7.0(2).

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

yes the dMA versions have to match the version of cm you are installing. So basically you have to uninstall dma 7.02, install dm 701 and take a tar export with that version.

i guess this version check can be altered as posted above, but you never know if there are issues on the back end. Its always safe to run DMA version that match the target version you are installing

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I would imagine my method is not TAC supported, but hey...you do what you can to get the job done. Besides I had BARs backup if it blew up completely.

Here is another situation, When I was upgrading a customer from 4.2 to 6.x, I was running into a bug. The bug is related to a xml file for vg224 I believe. TAC wanted me to re-install Windows, re-install CM 4.2, restore from BARS, delete this one xml file from Windows, and then generate a new DMA backup. Don't know about you but I did not acount for that many hours...talk about a loss of service dollars.

I asked the TAC enginner if I could extract the DMA tar file and delete the xml file from there and just zip it back to a tar file. Of course this method is not TAC supported...blah, blah. So, like above I had a BARs backup handy so I went for it...I extracted the DMA tar file, delete that one xml referenced in the bug, restarted the DMA import process, and it finished up...no problems.

Anyways...I'm sure I'm just lucky so far, but just wanted to post some of my situations and workarounds.

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I kicked off the install with 7.0.1 bootable media telling it I wanted to apply a patch during install. when it promped for patch I pointed it to SFTP server with the ISO file I reconstructed from the cisco.com download of CallManager 7.0.2

that allowed me to restore the 7.0.2 DMA

hth -jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: