cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Emergency Responder do non-911 calls as well

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

I have a location that would like to have internal emergency calls routed internally,  along with 911 calls going externally.  Would Emergency Responder be able to deal with the non-911 calls as well, and route them to a different destination than 911 calls?

CCM 8.5 is currently installed onsite.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can configure onsite alert to send the call to internal security as well as to PSAP!!

thanks,

Vipul jindal

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can configure onsite alert to send the call to internal security as well as to PSAP!!

thanks,

Vipul jindal

Excellent.  It's not limited to just 911 calls, correct? 

Nope!!! you can do it!!

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Well, I don't think this is true because you can only define one "Route Point for Primary Cisco ER Server" and one "Route Point for Standby Cisco ER Server", so if you are already using CER for 911 dialing, you will not be able to use it for other internal dialing.

What you can do is, if users in some ERLs dial 911 the call can be routed to another destination after it has been processed by CER by simply pointing the ERL to a Translation pattern rather than the normal route pattern.

HTH,

Chris

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i thought you are asking about onsite alert.

can you be more specfic on what exactly you want to acheive so that i can think of a solution.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal