cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I do call manager cluster between MCS7816 and MCS7825?

jaruneesup
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have CUCM 8.0 install on MCS7816I4 and now I would like to add one more MCS to do clustering.

Can I use MCS7825 as subscriber for this?

Please help verify this!

Thank you.

Jarunee

8 Replies 8

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Jaruneesup

While Cisco recommends using the same server model  for all servers in a cluster, mixing server models within a cluster is  supported provided that all of the individual hardware versions are  supported and that all servers are running the same version of  Unified CM. However, differences in capacity between various server  models within a cluster must be considered because the overall cluster  capacity might ultimately be dictated by the capacity of the smallest  server within the cluster. Mixing servers from different vendors within a  cluster is also supported and does not have any adverse capacity  implications, provided that all servers in the cluster are the same  model type. For information on call processing capacity, see the section  on Capacity Planning for Call Processing

Please rate all posts using the stars

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Dear Bruno,

Thank you so much for your quick and understanding answer.

Jarunee

Hi Jarunee are you welcome my friend!

If it´s ok for you mark this discussion as correct

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

+5 for Bruno's excellent explanation!

Hi Jarunee,

Just to add to what Bruno said, you should also make sure that the model you plan to use supports UCM 8.x:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hey Hamit

Well remembered buddy! !!! Plus five!

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

I'll have to clarify this as the answers are wrong.

You CANNOT have a cluster in which you mix anything other than 7815/7816s and you're limited to only 2 servers.

Mixing any other models or quantity of servers others than what I just mentioned, is NOT supported by Cisco.

Server variations also need to be considered. For example, Unified CM running on a Cisco MCS-7815 or MCS-7816 server is only a standalone entity and may not be clustered. Similarly, different models of Cisco Integrated Service Routers (ISR) have restrictions on the number and types of network modules or Services Ready Engine (SRE) modules they can host.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/sizing.html

Either you get another 7816/7815 or get another 7825/35/45 and use it to replace your current server and then add that 7825 you have.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, very good catch! I wasn't aware of this limitation of the 7815/7816 models since I havent come across these models much in my day to day work. +5 for sure! I went through the SRND and here is a relevant snip on the same:

Cisco Unified CME, Business Edition 3000 and 5000,  and Unified CM running on an MCS-7815 or MCS-7816 are standalone call  processing applications or entities. However, Unified CM running on all  other server platforms involves the concept of clustering.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/callpros.html#wp1148520

Regards,

Harmit.

Hey Thanks for clarify!!! good approach

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: