cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I modify the value of "Min-SE" on Cisco ASR/ISR based on SIP Trunk?

Jun Zhu
Level 1
Level 1

We deployed a ASR1001 as a SBC to connect to PSTN, our SBC takes the inbound call from SIP provider via Trunk-A and transfer the call to an audio bridge via Trunk-B.

But, our SIP provider will send the SIP signal with Min-SE=90, we must setup the Min-SE=90 on our SBC to match the value, if we use the default value Min-SE=1800, the inbound call will be rejected and return  "422 session timer too small" message.

The problem is, can I config Trunk-A with Min-SE=90 and Trunk-B with Min=SE=1800 on the ASR1001? or there has alternate solution?

TIA.

5 Replies 5

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I don't think you can configure different min-se value as it is configured globally OR I also would like to know if it is possible if someone else can comment here.

Min-se only resembles that the session timer can not be lower than min-se value, hence call will mostly be rejected if session timer received on TrunkA is lower than Min-se configured.

You should configure Min-se globally to 90 seconds and session-refresh timer to 1800. This will resolve your issue on Trunk A call leg and when gateway will forward the call on Trunk B, remote end should accept this call since session refresh is set to 1800 which met the requirement of its Min-se (1800).

- Vivek

Thanks Vivek for your comment.

further more, how to configure "session-refresh timer"? I cannot find the IOS command in the cube document, there is only min-se under config terminal, could you please post the exact command line?

Thank you very much!

Hi Jun,

Along with min-se timer, you can also set session refresh value as follows;

min-se 90 session refresh 1800

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

I tried the command on a router, I can not type "session refresh" in min-se parameter, but "session-expire" instead, the value can be 90-86400.

Is it right?

Hi Jun,

Sorry, my mistake. You are right, it's session-expire.

- Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: