cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I split BE6K license between two publishers

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a case where a cluster was going to be setup but now we are looking at having two publishers instead. Can I partially fur-fill the PAK to one of the Publishers and fur-fill the remaining onto the other publisher?

Or will I have to contact the licensing team to have this done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dwayne,

If you are running CUCM version 9.x or above that means you are on either ELM or PLM. Now having 2 Publisher is not possible in one cluster, that means now you have 2 CUCM cluster. 

If the above points are true there is nothing like splitting licences, licences are uploaded on ELM\PLM and kept in a common pool, you add CUCM clusters as product instance. One ELM \ PLM can manager multiple CUCM clusters. ELM \ PLM just holds the licences its the CUCM clusters that are added as product instance request for licence requirements, at that point if ELM\PLM has spare licences it would provide the same to the cluster otherwise it would error out and go out of compliance.

read more about PLm below.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12229791/understanding-cisco-prime-license-managerplm

(rate if it helps)

JB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably want to reach out to your SE about this as to the ramifications of that in terms of support contracts and if that is even a possibility.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dwayne,

If you are running CUCM version 9.x or above that means you are on either ELM or PLM. Now having 2 Publisher is not possible in one cluster, that means now you have 2 CUCM cluster. 

If the above points are true there is nothing like splitting licences, licences are uploaded on ELM\PLM and kept in a common pool, you add CUCM clusters as product instance. One ELM \ PLM can manager multiple CUCM clusters. ELM \ PLM just holds the licences its the CUCM clusters that are added as product instance request for licence requirements, at that point if ELM\PLM has spare licences it would provide the same to the cluster otherwise it would error out and go out of compliance.

read more about PLm below.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12229791/understanding-cisco-prime-license-managerplm

(rate if it helps)

JB

JB is right (+5), simply use one common ELM/PLM to pool the licenses together and share between the 2 clusters based on each cluster's needs. Simply add both CUCM clusters to the same common ELM/PLM server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: