cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can I use a E1 vwic card for a T1 ckt

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I have a vwic card that previously deployed in a Europe location, want to re-use for a US office that will have a T1 ckt.  Can that be used , or do I have to use a card that says T1 ? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the part number for the card? Does it say something like vwic2-1MFT-e1/t1 or vwic2-1mft-e1

If it ends with a e1/t1 then you can use it. You will need to ocnfigure the card type on your gateway as t1. If it says only e1..then I am afraid you wont be able to use it

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

If it's one of the second generation cards that has T1/E1 in the name you can select the card type in IOS.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the part number for the card? Does it say something like vwic2-1MFT-e1/t1 or vwic2-1mft-e1

If it ends with a e1/t1 then you can use it. You will need to ocnfigure the card type on your gateway as t1. If it says only e1..then I am afraid you wont be able to use it

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If it's one of the second generation cards that has T1/E1 in the name you can select the card type in IOS.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

the card says vwic2- 1mft-g703  and then under connection port it says ctrlr  E1 ... so why this varies a little from both answer posts ,  I beleive that this this card will not support a T1.

Thanks to both of you

Hi,

This card can only be confiugred as E1 unfortunately. So today is not your lucky day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: