cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can i use UC manager Enhanced License to Cisco IP phone

Bothra Group
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a Cisco 4331 ISR router in two locations. We are using Cisco IP phone 7841 in both locations. The problem is that we are unable to connect more than 64 devices. below are my license details on smart account.

ISR_4321_UnifiedCommunication Prepaid 1
ISR_4331_UnifiedCommunication Prepaid 2
SRST Endpoint License Subscription Prepaid 164
UC Manager Basic License Prepaid 64
UC Manager CUWL License Prepaid 15
UC Manager Enhanced License Prepaid 70
UCME Endpoint Subscription Prepaid 15

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Bothra Group
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. CUCM is in a remote location. I want to connect a Cisco IP phone from another location. Both locations are connected through MPLS. Site A using Cisco 4331 ISR and CUCM and Site B using Cisco 4331 ISR.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Bothra Group,

Yes, you should be able to register phones at Site B to CUCM at Site A. Make sure that Phone subnet at Site B has reachability to CUCM Services. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

How can i configure/register phones to CUCM which is available on remote location and both locations are connected with MPLS.

Two things, firstly why have you set your post as solved when you continue to ask questions on it? Secondly to answer your question about how to get a phone in your remote location to register to a CM at the central location you just need to put option 150 into the DHCP scope the phones uses to point it to the TFTP server(s) in your CM cluster. With that information the device will know how to connect with your CM to get its configuration.

Response Signature