Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not foward into voicemail from outside call on CUE and CUCM 8.6

Dear Team,

I have CUE Utility and CUCM 8.6.

I can call from local, if user busy or go out office then call will foward to voice mail.It is ok.

But when i call from outside to my phone(direct line), then call can not foward to voice mail on CUE.

Please help me some solution.

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please provide more details about failure ?

What happens when the outside caller reaches to a point where the call should go to VM e.g. Is it dropping ? or no voice/greeting etc heard ?

What is CUE version ? Was it working earlier ?

GP.

Dear Gajanan Pande

I have one extension ex: 5388 and one more extension ex: 35205388

I call local, from other phone to my phone 5388, voicelmail work ok.

When i call from outsite to my extension 35205388, the phone ring but call not foward to my voicemail.

My CUE version 8.6.

Thanks.

Dear Team,

Anybody here, please help me,

Thanks.

Hi Nam,

Have you checked the connectivity between your voice gateway and CUE? are you able to ping the CUE from your voice gateway.

Regards,

Pawan Arora

Hi Pawan Arora.

I can ping between voice-gateway and CUE.

I call from outsite to my extension 35205388, the phone ring but phone not foward to voicemail.

Thanks.

Hi nam,

A couple of things to check. Have you set the Forward Busy/No Answer "External"

on the DN config page in CUCM?

Are the calls coming in using a codec other than g.711?

Best Practices for Deploying Cisco Unity Express

• Each mailbox can be associated with a primary extension number and a primary E.164 number.

Typically, this number is the direct-inward-dial (DID) number that PSTN callers use. If the primary

E.164 number is configured to any other number, use Cisco IOS translation patterns to match either

the primary extension number or primary E.164 number so that the correct mailbox can be reached

during SRST mode.

• Each Cisco Unity Express site must be associated with a CTI route point for voicemail and one for

AA (if licensed and purchased), and you must configure the same number of CTI route points as

Cisco Unity Express ports licensed. Ensure that the number of sites with Cisco Unity Express does

not exceed the CTI scalability guidelines presented in the chapter on Call Processing, page 8-1.

• Cisco Unity Express is associated with a JTAPI user on Cisco Unified CallManager. Although a

single JTAPI user can be associated with multiple Cisco Unity Expresses in a system, Cisco

recommends associating each dedicated JTAPI user in Cisco Unified CallManager with a single

Cisco Unity Express.

• Calls into Cisco Unity Express use G.711 only. Cisco recommends using a local transcoder to

convert the G.729 calls traversing the WAN into G.711 calls. You can configure Cisco Unified

CallManager regions with the G.711 voice codec for intra-region calls and the G.729 voice codec

for inter-region calls.

• If transcoding facilities are not available at the Cisco Unity Express site, provision enough

bandwidth for the required number of G.711 voicemail calls over the WAN. Configure the Cisco

Unified CallManager regions with the G.711 voice codec for calls between the IP phones and Cisco

Unity Express devices (CTI ports and CTI route points).

• The CTI ports and CTI route points can be defined in specific locations. Cisco recommends using

location-based call admission control between Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unity Express.

RSVP may also be used.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42unityx.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

Dear Rob.

Thank you for reply.

A couple of things to check. Have you set the Forward Busy/No Answer "External"

on the DN config page in CUCM?

-->On DN config, I not check into box Forward Busy/No Answer "External". I only check into box

Are the calls coming in using a codec other than g.711?

--> I using codec g.711.

Thanks.

I am having the exact same issue after update software pack from 8.6.0 to 8.6.2. I can use my desk phone (208) and call another desk phone (201) if 201 does not answer it goes to voicemail. If I call with my cell phone to 208 and transfer to 6208 I get dead air. If I transfer 208 transfer 208 rings but if I dont pick it up I just get dead air on my cell?? 

Shaun

Since this started as a result of a software upgrade, that almost suggests your best bet is to downgrade back to your old software. May be a bug with this release of CUE

Please rate all useful posts

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What type of gateway do you gave? H323 or mgcp?

Can the CSS assigned for inbound calls on the gateway see the partition of your CTI route point and CTI ports?

Can you collect cucm traces and send to us

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear aokanlawon

What type of gateway do you gave? H323 or mgcp?

--> using H323.

Can the CSS assigned for inbound calls on the gateway see the partition of your CTI route point and CTI ports?

--> Yes

Can you help me how to collect cucm traces, type of services ?

Thanks.

Please use this link to learn how to collect cucm traces

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

As you mentioned that you have another extension 35205388. Do you mean that you set two DNs on the same phone with 4 digits and 8 digits DNs? If yes, you should set significant digit in gateway or translation in H323 for cutting 8 digits to 4 digits. Otherwise, you can try to set E164 no. as the 8 digits DN in each voicemail account from CUE.

Dear Kinman-wong

on CUCM, I only set one DN, one extension 5388 and one 3520XXXX network mask for DID.

on CUE, I set E.164 35205388.

From local lan, i call 5388, call foward to voicemail.

From outside, i call 53205388, call not foward to voicemail.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: