Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not make international call issue

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

CM4.2

1 T1PRI connected to vendor for incoming and outgoing calls.

9.@ as normal route pattern for outgoing calls.

44001.!# is test route pattern for T1PRI line;

The issue is, when dial 9011xxxxxxx to make international call, it failed with fast busy tone. When using 44001 011xxxxxxx# to test, it works which means no issue on the vendor side.

Both 9.@ and 44001.!# are configured as below:

Route Pattern

Partition: Global_PT

Numbering Plan: North American Numbering Plan

Gateway or Route List: PSTN

Route Option Route this pattern

Which others do I need to check?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Which and how many digits are sent to the TELCO?

You can get a debug isdn q931 from the GW and place a call using each RP. See if you are sending the call with the exact same digits. Be careful not to send 011........... to your TELCO and also sending the call as an international call. If that's the case probably the TELCO is attaching an additional 011 making the called number 011011........... As that is an invalid number, maybe that is why you are getting the fast busy.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

MGCP or H323?

does telco expect call to be marked as international or national??

how many digits?

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

MGCP

Did you check the debugs to see who sends the disconnect message and how many digits are sent and how many digits the TELCO expects?

Also see if you have a misconfigured Route Filter on the 9.@ RP and the Plan/Type, probably needs to be Unknown instead of International.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

1. There is no Route Filter configured (none)in 9.@ RP of international call_Partition.

2. due to authorization limit, I don't have access to do the GW debug, all i can do is to get a CDR record.

Thanks,

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my understanding of the issue:

1. Since 44001.!# RP works, so there should be no service interuption on the T1 provider side.

Am I right?

2. Is there any difference between 9.@ and 44001.!# RP?

Both of them are configured as international call partition, NANP, and Route list, etc.

Why 44001.!# works while 9.@ doesn't?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: