Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not ping CIMC

SimonMondo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have installed an UCS 220 M3 and have added ip address for CIMC and ESXi - both in same subnet. However, I can only be able to ping ESXi but not CIMC, the gateway ip and host name also can not be resolved.

Can anyone assist, please?

Regards,

Simon Jones Mondo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all you have posted in a wrong section, you should possibly post in data center or ip telephony section you will get lot more responses.

How are you connecting/configuring CIMC port. Have you connected cable to dedicated CIMC management port? if yes use below settings and configure your switchport as an access port with VLAN ID as per configured IP (please note VLAN is not enabled on CIMC).

Let me know how you go.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all you have posted in a wrong section, you should possibly post in data center or ip telephony section you will get lot more responses.

How are you connecting/configuring CIMC port. Have you connected cable to dedicated CIMC management port? if yes use below settings and configure your switchport as an access port with VLAN ID as per configured IP (please note VLAN is not enabled on CIMC).

Let me know how you go.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts