cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can one CUCM cluster access the directory of another cluster?

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 7.1.5 cluster that we are moving away from to a new 11.x cluster.  This will take place over a 2 year period.  Getting the new 11.x cluster up and functioning and calls routing between them was not a problem, but I was wondering if there is any way that the two could access each other's directories (preferably presented to the end user as a single directory).  That way when a users moves from the old cluster to the new cluster they could still look up old cluster users on the their phone's directory (and vice versa).  

I saw something called Intercluster Lookup Service but that seemed to have some reliance on URI info so I don't think that will work because there is not Directory URI field for users in 7.x.  If I'm wrong about how that works, please let me know.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd be looking at doing a custom directory in order to do this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd be looking at doing a custom directory in order to do this.

HTH

java

By "custom", do you mean a 3rd party directory app?

Or in-house development, but definitely not something that comes out of the box with CUCM.

HTH

java

No no no no.  Correct though it may be, that's not the answer I was looking for.  I was looking for a "Sure.  Just look under this menu..." answer  :)