Replies

Can't delete device pool on CUCM 7.1.5

Sinisa Hreljac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can't delete one device pool on CUCM.            

This is the message that I received: 

"Delete failed. The pkid column in the devicepool table in the database is being  referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records, remove the  reference, and then try the delete again."

In information about device pool, there is no associated members:

Device Pool:

Auto_Device_Pool-TEMP  (0 members**)

When I go to Dependency record (which are enabled in Enterprise parameters) I can see:

Record Count: 1

Record Type: Device Defaults

Then, when I go to Device Defaults, there is no device that is using that device pool. So I exported device defaults configuration via bulk tool, and in generated csv I found one record that is using this device pool:

DEVICE TYPE,PROTOCOL,LOAD INFORMATION,DEVICE POOL,PHONE TEMPLATE,INACTIVE LOAD INFORMATION

Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone,SIP,,Auto_Device_Pool-TEMP,Standard Dual Mode for iPhone,

However, in CUCM Administration pages, on Device defaults page, this device (Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone) is not listed, so I can't change default pool to something different.

I allready have one more device pool that I can't delete for same reason (device named CTI Port is using it, and it is not displaying on Device default page) so I would like to delete one of this device pools.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

amarques
Level 1
Level 1

Have you allready solve this issue?

I cant list all device defaults...and i need to change de device pool of 7 so i can delete a device pool.

Best Regards

Hi

I would probably try loading the latest iPhone .cop file to see if that fixes it.

Re: the CTI Port preventing the other deletion, check in Bulk Admin/Phones/Phone Templates to see if it's referenced in a CTI Port BAT template.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Can you try the following on the CUCM CLI:

1. Get the Pkid of the Device pool which you want to delete :

run sql select pkid from devicepool where name='Auto_Device_Pool-TEMP'

2.Check entries in Defaults table for the affected DP:

run sql select * from defaults where fkdevicepool like 'pkid from 1st query'

3. Get the pkid of a DP other than one which you want to delete.

run sql select * from devicepool where name='DPname'

4. Update the defaults table:

run sql update defaults set fkdevicepool='pkid from 3rd query' where fkdevicepool='pkid
from afected DP'

this will help to change the Device pool in the device defaults. Once done. you can delete the device pool.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Works perfectly. Thanks!

Regards,

Carlos Marques

How do we get the pkid of the specific device pool from the Publisher?

Run "run sql select name,pkid from devicepool" without the apostrophe on the CLI to get the pkid and the name of the device pool.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

To get the pkid of the specific device pool run the query "run sql select pkid from devicepool where name="Name of the DP of which you want to get the pkid".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: