cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't establish link between subscriber and publisher

soraksan1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 brand new BE7Ks installed using version 6 vm and 11.5 cucm.  I performed the installation of the first node (publisher) and all went well.  I started the installation of the second node and and am unable to pass the communications test.  The publisher is synced with an external NTP source.  I am not using DNS so under System>Server on the publisher, both the pub and sub server has their IP address in the hostname/IP section.  When I put the pubs ip address in the hostname section, it will not accept it.  What do I use for host names if there is no dns and I have put ip addresses in the host name section?  Will appreciate any help on this.  Been at this for a couple days.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

network cluster attached.  Am using the right security password, but I just tried a different password and got the exact same error.

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

alfredobosca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is not mandatory to configure a DNS servers. Only need a NTP server.

The proper check list would be: 

-Verify NTP status on PUB "utils ntp status"//check stratum value and status of synchronized or not

- Do ping from the PUB to subscriber "utils network ping x.x.x.x"

Attach all troubleshooting. 

Alfred,

Thank you for your time and response.  I've attached the results of the two commands you asked for.  xx.xx.137.10 is the IP of the subscriber.  Just so you know what point I'm at, I am still using the installation wizard on the subscriber and am stuck at the screen asking for the hostname and IP for the publisher.  This is the communication test that is failing.

Hi,

On the publisher do a utils network eth0 detail and take note of the hostname reported which will be the one you need to specify during subsequent nodes installation.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

utils network eth0 detail is not a command on my console.  utils network but there is no eth0 option.  I ran the show network eth0 detail and it reported the IP address and some other info but not the hostname.

Hi,

yes sorry for mistyping the command.

Can you please do a show network cluster and post the result here

Thanks a lot

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

Requested command result attached.

Hi,

So DBPub is the hostname of the publisher that you have to specify during Subsequent nodes installation.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

I entered that in the wizard and still not working:

Configuration Validation with DBPub failed

Configured first node DBPub is not a first node

Hi,

did you  already add the subscriber to the server list?

can you please post a screenshot of the error?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

subscriber is in server list.  Its IP is xx.xx.137.10  see attached

Understand, I've been working some long shifts so sleep is a luxury!  I have also tried the USYONG4208CM01 and it gives me the exact same error as the one I posted earlier.

From the pub run 

utils network ping usyong4208cm01 and see if it correctly resolves the hostname.

Also please post the output of a show status .

Last... did you reboot the server after changing the hostname into ip address?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

I don't think I rebooted the server, I think I only stopped and started the services.  Let me get the other commands for you. 

Please reboot the first node and try to connect again the subscriber to the cluster.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: