cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't exit conference calls on IP phone 7965?!

NoaLevin70554
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7965 and I'm having trouble exiting conference calls. I can form a conference call just fine, but I am having difficulty exiting the call without ending the call for all parties involved. The manual says "To disconnect from the conference, hang up the handset. The other parties remain on the conference call." However, when I hang up the handset, this terminates the call for all parties involved.

Would anyone be able to help me out with this? Thanks so much!

Best,

Noa

5 Replies 5

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NeoLavin,

Which type of conference you are using.

Is it Ad-hoc Confrence

Is it Meet-me confrence

or

Is it other confrence soultion like WebEx confreing

It looks that you are the host of confrence thats why other members are getting dropped from the confrence.

Please confirm above points with call flow.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi! I am pretty sure that it is an ad-hoc conference. It is definitely not meet-me, web ex, or another solution. Thanks!

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There is a setting on the system which is global, and determines when conferences should be dropped. Likely the system administrator has chosen the option to drop when the initiator drops. There is an option to have it work like you want, but it may be a security issue with toll fraud, so just be prepared the admin may decline to change it.

Hi Anthony,

This is really helpful, thanks! Would you be able to give me any more info about this global setting so that I can ask our system administrator about it?

Hi Noa,

You can find this option by navigating to System --> Service Parameters --> Select the server --> Select "Cisco CallManager service and searching for "Drop Ad Hoc Conference" parameter.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below