cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't forward hunt group calls

aalbrecht27
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hunt group currently setup to ring on all of our administration phones, and if no one answers it will roll over to another department.  However, if everyone in administration is going to be out of the office they need a way to forward the calls to another department or another individual if possible, instead of going through the entire ring cycle.

I have read previously that this may not be possible, but I need some sort of work around so that when they are out of the office they can transfer any calls to another person or another department.  What are my options for this scenario?

I am running CUCM version 9.1.2.10000-28

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the good tips from my friends , Java, Deji, Suresh & Matty (+5 each!)

You can create a custom Softkey template for these Admin users that would configure the HLog softkey on page 1 of the not-connected state so they don't have to use the "More" softkey and then leverage the logged out functionality to forward to the next line group/hunt group.

If you want a real simple "fool proof" method to forward the DN/number you could remove it from the Hunt Pilot and make it the main DN on a phone in the Admin area. Then they can actually manually forward it to their own Hunt group (with new Hunt pilot DN) for the majority of the time and to the backup group when necessary smiley

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only options would be to enable SNR on individual members, and have them configure their SNR destinations as required, otherwise, they would need to set the CFNA/CFB on the hunt pilot for a final destination.

SNR destinations need to be numbers out of your CUCM cluster, if they're already configured in your cluster, your only option is the final destination from the hunt pilot.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think using "Time of Day" call routing you can achieve this somewhat by creating two translation patterns and one new DN.

TP1 with office hours partition; New DN -> Hunt pilot number

TP2 with OOF hours partition; New DN -> Another department' hunt pilot number

Suresh

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Sound like you want to be able to setup a manual call forward to avoid the hunt group?

If so why not put a translation pattern before the hunt group? Under normal operation it would translate to the hunt pilot number, but you could manually change to another hunt pilot or a DN or where ever you like?

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to all the suggestions you could use the hlog soft key. When users are going to be out of the office, they just press the hlog key..That implies they will be logged out of the hunt group and calls will not be sent to them. You will then configure a cfna on your hunt pilot to the next department or wherever you want the call to go to

Please rate all useful posts

I don't think the hunt group logout softkey will work, simply because some of the administration users are already using all of their softkeys - but I like that idea.  Is it possible to log out of a hunt group through the phone's menu system instead of a dedicated softkey?  If so that might work best.

The end result I'm looking for is a way that Administration users can forward the number without calling me to make any changes on the back end.  Currently the only way I can do this is by manually re-arranging the hunt groups so that admin is last when they are gone - but this is not a viable long term solution because they are simply too busy to be calling me everytime they need to leave the office.  I don't think a time of day pattern will work either because there is no specific time they are gone - they might have a meeting or event one day and be back the next.  If I am correct it sounds like a translation pattern would require me to manually change it when admin is out of office, which also wouldn't work.

Worst case scenario we could add expansion modules to allow for the hunt group logout softkey, but I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't require spending money :)

Yes the translation would require access to CUCM.

One other ugly option is to install a 'spare' phone that all calls would pass to. Under normal operation this phone would have a CFwdALL to the hunt pilot number. Your end user can change the CFwdALL on this phone and point it somewhere else as and when required.

Waste of a phone I know but it's a simple fix!

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the good tips from my friends , Java, Deji, Suresh & Matty (+5 each!)

You can create a custom Softkey template for these Admin users that would configure the HLog softkey on page 1 of the not-connected state so they don't have to use the "More" softkey and then leverage the logged out functionality to forward to the next line group/hunt group.

If you want a real simple "fool proof" method to forward the DN/number you could remove it from the Hunt Pilot and make it the main DN on a phone in the Admin area. Then they can actually manually forward it to their own Hunt group (with new Hunt pilot DN) for the majority of the time and to the backup group when necessary smiley

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks all for the great suggestions!  I think I'll go this route and just have them log in and out of the hunt group.  I'll keep some of these other suggestions in mind later down the road if they don't like having to log in and out, but this seems to be the best solution for what the admin users are asking for.

Thanks again!

Hi.

Another option could be Extension Mobility so when they logout you can forward call to a destination defined on "Forward Hunt No Answer"

Than, through a line button template, you can configure a "Service Button" associating EM to it.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"