Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't locate T302 Overlap

martin.sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a customer requirement to move a legacy PBX feature to their Cisco CUCM (8.6.2) solution which supplies groups of users with a unique dial plan to reach one another.  Each group is given their own PT/CSS to call each other and isolate them from the rest of the dial plan (on that line).  We recently got a report that one of the patterns is experiencing dead air which ultimately was the t302 timer but I can't locate the overlap.  Here's the current scenario I have to recreate the issue in the lab:

TEST_CSS (contains)->TEST_PT (which contains)-> (DN's) #00 & #04

Phone 1 -> DN #00 (TEST_CSS)

Phone 2 -> DN #04 (TEST_CSS)

Each phone has a CSS on the device level that allows Emergency calling only.  It contains xlation patterns for 911 and 9.911.

When Phone 1 calls Phone 2 dialing #04, the call routes immediately.  When Phone 2 calls Phone 1 there is a 15 second delay before the call is routed.

DNA shows 'Interdigit Timeout = YES' but the Alternate Matches Information is 'Not Available'

If I remove the # before the 00 and dial from Phone 2 to Phone 1, the call routes immediately.  So it seems to be related to the # in front of the numbers that are only 00.

If anyone has experienced this before or knows of a possible 'undocumented feature' (or maybe something that I'm just too blind to see....) please let me know!

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most of the times there's something with wildcards in the dial plan and not the exact pattern or digit you're looking for.

Review your whole dial plan and see what you might be reaching that has wildcards.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalenc,

Thanks for the reply.  We have 25k records in the numplan table so it will take me a while to sort through :-}

Aside  from looking for the needle in a haystack, do you know of anything from  a logical standpoint or default setting that would cause this pattern  to overlap with something else?  The PT/CSS and DN's that I have above  were created by me today only for this test so there 'shouldn't' be an  overlap for that pattern.  Also, if you happen know why DNA won't show  me the alternate matches, that would be excellent!  I don't mind pulling  the traces but thought if there was an overlap then DNA should feature  it.

Thanks again.

I was able to resolve this issue.  After brewing a bit more it hit me that there is one PT that any line can reach....NONE!  Sure enough, there was a #002 pattern in there.  I'm still wondering why it didn't appear in DNA though.  Maybe DNA doesn't report on the NONE PT?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: