cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't log in a update or amend directory CP 8865

patrice duvall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, for the love of god, could someone help me with this? I've inherited a retired person's phone. I can't log in to amend the address book and the last time I set up a Cisco phone I could do it from my pc, but the web address I have for that no longer works. Of course. It doesn't matter what I Google, I get no useful information and I can't even reset the thing. I have the side panel with two pages and there's people in it that haven't worked her for 10 years. One piece of useless information said to unplug the phone (can't get the leads out) and press buttons blah blah blah. I'm in Australia and I really don't know who to contact, the self ports no longer exist, it seems. Any clues, please?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Was the phone connected to a Cisco CUCM or a 3rd party PABX?

I don't know, I've had to request a name change with our systems management so the phone can be reset and I can access the portal to sort out the directories on the phone and side panel. Thanks anyway.

Do I understand that you can't get the Ethernet cable out of the back of the phone? As for doing a factory reset (which is the "piece of useless information" that really isn't useless), that is a procedure commonly used in production environments when a phone is misbehaving. But if you can't get the Ethernet cable out of the back of the base phone (you can leave the sidecars/KEMs connected while you do this) then you have bigger problems.

What model phone is it? Can you get to the Settings Menu/Administration Menu on the phone?

Maren

It turns out I have to log a name change request with our systems management and then reset the phone with name and password, then I can use the portal on the PC to organise the address books which then come up on the phone screen and the side panel. Of course the site I had for that no longer exists. We have another phone where despite going through the phone, cannot turn off the Do Not Disturb. Can't find a button or an option through any of the phone settings so we have to throw the thing out. It's not worth the hassle. I really don't know why we had to have them, I was quite happy with the old QPhone. Thanks anyway.