Since i am a beginner to this domain My doubt might be found silly but My question is can we configure a PLAR number to a IP phone and if so how can we do it ? and if not why cant we do it ? please do clear my doubt
Thanks in advance
The answer is most likely "yes". The "how" depends on what you have deployed. Can you provide the following:
1. Do you use CME or CUCM?
2. Is the station you want to originate the call from an IP phone or an analog station?
3. If analog station:
- What kind of gateway?
- If CUCM + analog station, what signaling protocol (SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP) is the gateway using?
I am using a CUCM, the station frm where the call originates is a digital line, the gateway uses MGCP protocol. please do tell me as to how we can configure a PLAR line to a IP PHONE.
OK. For illustration purposes assume that your target extension (the one you want to ring) is 1234/PhoneDN_PT. You can create a "plar" configuration by doing the following:
1. Create a partition: Plar_Grp01_PT
2. Create a CSS: Plar_Grp01_CSS
3. Create a translation that is in Plar_Grp01_PT and is configured with NO DIGITS. Ensure that Urgent Priority is checked on the translation. Assign a CSS to the translation that can see PhoneDN_PT. Change called party transform to 1234
4. Assing Plar_Grp01_CSS to the MGCP GW port CSS.
Basically, the "no digit" translation can be read as "any digit". As soon as the phone goes off hook the translation in step 3 matches automatically. Since it is flagged with urgent priority, CUCM uses the translation to route the call.
when we say translation in step 3 does that mean we hav to create a translation pattern which says ' XXXX ' which is then placed to a certain group and how do i configure with NO DIGITS.
please do clarify my doubt.
Thanks in advance again
To program the translation pattern with NO DIGITS you simply do not put in digits in the "pattern" field. In other words, leave that field blank.
thanks a lot bill it was a helpful discussion with you hope to share more on the coming days
Thanks in advance