cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we put password on IP Phone to unlock it????

Pankaj Misra
Level 1
Level 1

Hii...

Is there anyway to put password on IP Phone so only the intended person can unlock it???? Same as what we do for PC's. Also i want it to be user controlled means user can change the password according to him and don't use administrator defined password.

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can consider using Extension Mobility - basically each user has a 'device profile' which appears on the phone when they log in (using user ID and PIN).

Their number and settings are applied when they log in, and the phone reverts to a base configuration when they log out (which can be done automatically after a set period of time).

Typically you configure the base configuration of the phone so that it can only dial emergency/internal destinations; and the users' device profile would 'add' rights to dial externally when they log in.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks a lot Aaron for reply.

Its a really amazing way to implement user id and pin for each user. I will download some references, test it and let u know.

And Is there any other way except extension mobility???

Once again, thanks for your valuable suggestion.

The poster failed to specify what product or version they are running. It should be noted that this is somewhat possible in CME using Call Blocking. For CUCM you could also create a new set of route/translation patterns which require a Forced Authorization Code, place them in a new partition and CSS, and apply that CSS to the device.

PS- A Google search turned up several third-party options that provide this feature as well.

Hi Janathan.

I am using Cisco MCS 7835 server with CUCM version 8.5.1.12025-1.

I have tried the Forced Authorization Code but problem is FAC is not bound the user. means if a person knows the other person FAC Code, he can use it for dialing.

I want each user to have its own dialing code and it should be bound to the user's id in someway so others can't use.

As suggested by you, can u plz tell any third-party options for the solution if available?????

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: