cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you add a 10 digit DID number to a hunt pilot?

jpeterson1968
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Apologies if this seems like a stupid question but I am still new at this phone system and learning as I go. One of our business units is asking if an extension that is associated to a hunt pilot and rolled over to through the auto attendant can have a "full phone number." They want our customer service group to be able to be dialed directly. Is this possible and if so, can anyone point me to the correct resources to configure this?

Thanks in advance,

Jon Peterson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Please try configuring the Ttanslation pattern as below

TP>>DID of customer service department>>Called Party Transform Mask>>760152

Regards

Safdar

Please rate useful posts.

Best wishes,
Safdar

View solution in original post

There are many ways of doing this. They way I suggest is to follow your current dialplan and configure digit manipulation to match the requirement.

For example, if your current dialplan is to use E164 numbers then configure E164 number on hunt pilot and configure transformation to convert 10 digits to E164. Similarly, if your current dialplan is using 4-digits extensions.

Digit manipulation can be done using different ways. One way using TP as suggested below. Again I recommended to use the same method which is currently in use for globalization and localization. Don't apply transformations at different locations to avoid confusion and complex troubleshooting in the future.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Safdar Azizi
Level 1
Level 1

I am assuming you are using CUCM. First possible option is ,You can map the DID of auto attendant to the hunt pilot ,then add the Hunt list and line group. .The other options can be, configure hunt pilot as internal DN then create translation pattern to translate it to full phone number.  If you could describe your current system and requirement in details , we can suggest further.

Regards

Safdar

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Safdar

Thank you for your response.

We are using CUCM 8.6/Unity Connection/Contact Center Express/Unified Presence (hopefully upgrading soon)

Our current system setup is:

We have a main 1-800 number that comes into our system and the auto attendant routes calls to multiple departments/people including some Hunt Pilots>HL>LG.

Requirement is as follows:

The one I am referring to is our customer service department. They want to have their customers have the option to dial directly using a 10 digit number (Hunt Pilot extension 760152) along with the auto attendant rolling over to the 760152 extension.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Jon

Please try configuring the Ttanslation pattern as below

TP>>DID of customer service department>>Called Party Transform Mask>>760152

Regards

Safdar

Please rate useful posts.

Best wishes,
Safdar

Thanks you guys! I was able to successfully create the translation pattern to properly route the 10 digit number to the 6 digit extension. You both have been very helpful.

Jon Peterson

There are many ways of doing this. They way I suggest is to follow your current dialplan and configure digit manipulation to match the requirement.

For example, if your current dialplan is to use E164 numbers then configure E164 number on hunt pilot and configure transformation to convert 10 digits to E164. Similarly, if your current dialplan is using 4-digits extensions.

Digit manipulation can be done using different ways. One way using TP as suggested below. Again I recommended to use the same method which is currently in use for globalization and localization. Don't apply transformations at different locations to avoid confusion and complex troubleshooting in the future.