cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you apply a filter to an empty field in Active Directory with CUCM?

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I filter users while IpPhone field is different from emptiness, such as the filtering?

! (ipPhone = null)?

Is it more advisable to have the field to zero and let the filter like this:! (ipPhone = 0)?

Thank you

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A simple and effective filter to use is this..

(ipPhone=*)

This will allow CUCM to import only users with valid entries in their IP phone field. I think its much better

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If this filter works for you it is perfectly fine then, I would not worry about hard coding the field to 0 or anything else that does not make sense.

Chris

Hi Chris

I can use the command ldapsearch in the Active Directory for test the filter,

Is it right to the filter :   !(ipPhone=null) ?

Thank you

Regards

Yesenia,

The actual meaning of this filter is this "dont import any user with ipphone field = null"

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi aokanlawon

Then with "null" if I can indicate empty, is that correct?

Thank you

Regards

A simple and effective filter to use is this..

(ipPhone=*)

This will allow CUCM to import only users with valid entries in their IP phone field. I think its much better

Thank you,

I'll be doing tests, I reported how everything went.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: