cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you configure the intercom feature for the Cisco 7800 series phones

pendal8286
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all and thanks for your time and expertise.  Can you set up the intercom feature on Cisco 7800 series phones?  And if yes I'm wondering if any of you fellas have done this in school districts where the buildings are very old and so the PA systems don't really work anymore.  As you guys know school security is a big deal and so when the PA systems don't work the administrators are looking for other avenues to communicate with the rooms and intercom service on the phones was mentioned.  I looked into this briefly but I was wondering if this is possible, and if yes - is this really a good option for communications in a security situation like a school shooter, etc.  

Thanks for the information and recommendations.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorta, it's a different server you need to install, the basic version does come for free, but I believe the limitation would be 50 phones in a group. Reach out to your SE or your partner for a quote on the pro version so they can provide you with the up to date info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Intercom is 1:1, what you probably want is paging, which would require you to use Informacast and depending on the amount of phones, pay for the advanced license. I'm assuming you're using CUCM.

HTH

java

Yes, we are using CUCM.  I'm assuming Informacast is part of CUCM?  Thanks for your help Jaime.

Sorta, it's a different server you need to install, the basic version does come for free, but I believe the limitation would be 50 phones in a group. Reach out to your SE or your partner for a quote on the pro version so they can provide you with the up to date info.

HTH

java

Jaime, any idea how much it would cost to purchase the Informacast server.  Obviously pricing comes into play with anything you do with a school district, and the one I work for is economically challenged. Thanks.

Hello,

I support 80+ schools using InformaCast.  Feel free to ping me for details on costs, setup, etc.  Ultimately you will need to reach out to InformaCast or go thru your Cisco Partner.  

Thank you very much Tort.  Much appreciated.