cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add Cisco 8865 to CUCM 9.1.2.12900-11

Joel Fox
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning - I'm trying to add the device pack the 8865 video phone, and after adding the pack and rebooting the cucm cluster, I still cannot see the phone in device defaults nor can I add it. I downloaded the latest cmterm-8845_65sip.12-0-1SR1-1.k3.cop.sgn file and uploaded it and rebooted the cluster but still can't see it. I'm wondering if I need to use a lower version, although the download doc states that it will work with my current cucm version. I have downloaded the full device pack for all phone models as a last resort, but I really don't want to do that if it's not necessary. I also restarted tftp service as instructed before rebooting the cluster.

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To add to the previous post you will need cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.

According to CUCM Device Package Compatibility Matrix , IP phones 8865 are supported only up to firmware 11.7(1) for CUCM 9.1.2. So firmware version 12.0 will not for you.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This file is just a firmware load for these phones, you need to install a full device pack for the new models to appear such as "cmterm-devicepack12.0.1.22006-1.cop.sgn"

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286313357&flowid=83208&softwareid=282074299&release=12.0(1.22006)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

To add to the previous post you will need cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.

According to CUCM Device Package Compatibility Matrix , IP phones 8865 are supported only up to firmware 11.7(1) for CUCM 9.1.2. So firmware version 12.0 will not for you.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Good point Georgios (+5), the device pack needs to match the CUCM major version, and then individual firmware can be installed to get latest phone firmware desired.

Side question -  When I upgrade the full 9.1.2 device pack, does that overwrite current items like device defaults etc for my currently installed phones? For example, for a 7941 phone, I have a specific load and device pool configured for that model to grab when a new one registers for the first time. When I install the new device pack, will that change anything in the device defaults? I'd hate to overwrite that and have 1k phones start pulling down new loads. I suppose to be extra cautious I can stop the tftp service on all cm's in the cluster, upload the device pack, and compare old defaults to new, then restart the service once everything is ok.

Thoughts?

Yes, it will update device default firmware load of all other models, so if you do not desire that disable TFTP service, copy existing load names, and after you reboot the cluster paste those back in and enabled TFTP server.

Ya know - I swear I looked at that same sheet at least a handful of times and saw the same thing. I guess it's just been one of those days! I'm going to pretend that I didn't miss something so obvious....

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: