cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Bulk Enable Conference Now on 11.x

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a large 11.x deployment and would like to find a way to bulk enable Conference Now for all users.  I cannot find a setting for it in the usual Bulk Admin > Update Users > Query area.  Nor can I find any kind of enterprise or service parameter.  I really do not want to have to go user by user and enable this for every user and I would like to avoid dealing with a BAT spreadsheet for a couple thousand users.  

Anyone found a way yet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think we have a native way to enable that via BAT or the GUI, besides the spreadsheet, and I'm not even sure about that.

You might be able to set this via AXL, or in the DB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think we have a native way to enable that via BAT or the GUI, besides the spreadsheet, and I'm not even sure about that.

You might be able to set this via AXL, or in the DB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Matthew Miktus
Spotlight
Spotlight

Additionally, running any User Update via custom file un-checks the Conference Now box.

So, I updated 293 user PINs, and now have to go back and check 293 conf now boxes.

operezgr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Below are the steps for enabling the section "Enable End User to Host Conference Now" using Bulk Administration Tool.

1. Export the users: Go to Cisco Unified CM Administration > Bulk Administration > Users > Export Users > Download the file > Change from ".txt" to ".csv" > Look for "Enable End User to Host Conference Now" > Set to "t" > Save.

Note. You must modify are PIN and Digest Credentials for CUCM to allow you to upload the file without issues. PIN is used for Extension Mobility and Digest Credentials for Phone SIP Authentication.

2. Import modified File: Go to Cisco Unified CM Administration > Bulk Administration > Users > Update Users > Custom File.

This will allow you to modify this section "Enable End User to Host Conference Now" for all users in CUCM using BAT.

Thank you, 

Osvaldo Perez 

Cisco TAC.

This worked for me.

Thanks

Hi Osvaldo,

Thanks for this.

When you say "You must modify are PIN and Digest Credential" do you mean  the credential policy and default credential policy or simply. Would this require resetting each of the pin's?

Is there a way to have BAT ignore the fields during import? So not to modify the existing pins?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

Did you ever get an answer to this as I have the same question?  I would like to enable the feature for all users but do not want to reset their existing PINs.

Alternatively, you can update this checkbox for users via CLI using the run sql command.

Here's an example of me checking, then setting, then checking again, on my own account.

admin:run sql select userid, enableusertohostconferencenow from enduser where userid in ('user1', 'user2')
userid    enableusertohostconferencenow
========= =============================
user1     f
user2 f admin:run sql update enduser set enableusertohostconferencenow = 't' where userid in ('user1', 'user2') Rows: 2 admin:run sql select userid, enableusertohostconferencenow from enduser where userid in ('user1', 'user2') userid enableusertohostconferencenow ========= ============================= user1 t
user2 t admin:

If you have a list of user IDs, you simply add them as comma separated strings within the parenthesis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: