Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot call specific number pattern-Cisco phones

zarianaureen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently we have noticed that we cannot call any 281.421-XXXX numbers from cisco phones.It says you may have to dial 1 or 0 before and no matter what we dial before the number, it gives the same message.This is local number and on 'call manager 7' we have these two route patterns defined.

9.281[2-9]XXXXXX

91.281[2-9]XXXXXX

I am not sure why its happening may be this issue was always there.if call the number from cell phone its fine. I do not have much experience with call manager .plz help

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Zaria,

That announcement seem to be coming from your telco providers. That is certainly not CUCM playing that. What type of gateway are you using? You should look at the logs...Are you using E1/ISDN? then you can enable debug isdn q931 to see the trace on the call..if you are using sip trunk then use debug ccsip messages

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I have called our telcom provider.Waiting for their response on the issue.I hope its something on their side because clearly route pattern is defined for all 281 numbers.

the telecom provider setup the trace then mentioned that they did not see any call initiated.They said that it is a long distance number and your PBX system(I assume call manger) is treating it as local call that is why it is removing 91 before the number.

Does that mean we have to create call pattern something like this: 91.281.421.XXXX

Please suggest any solution.

If you need to send a 1 in the prefix then you need to configure a pattern like this..

9.1281.421.XXXX

Then on your gateway you ensure that the 9 is stripped if your gateway is configured with 9T or you strip it in cucm is your gateway is configured with .T

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: