Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot create E1 on the 1861 router

Hello!

I have C1861-UC-4FXO-K9 with HWIC-1T1/E1 module and I am trying to configure outgoing calls to PSTN via E1. The first thing I initialize the module and then configure controller E1:

card type e1 0 2

controller E1 0/2/0

channel-group 15 timeslots 1-31 ( ther is no command pri-timeslots, only channel-group)

After that there is a new interface in the system serial 0/2/0:15 but voice-port 0/2/0:15 is absent and I cant configure dial-peer with this voice-port

may I have missed something?

4 Replies 4

I found that HWIC is not supported voice over E1. Is it possible to somehow solve this problem if our ISP comes PRI E1? May be over FXO ports?

Hi,

If the ISP is providing ISDN/PRI you can not use FXO

You really only have 2 options

1) Purchase a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and connect to the ISP PRI

2) Cancel the ISP PRI and ask for 4 x Analogue PSTN lines and wire to the 4FXO ports

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for your reply!

But 1861 is not supported VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1. Am I right?

Hi,

You are abssolutely correct.

The empty HWIC slot can only be used for DATA - Serial,ADSL E1(DATA)

I tried installing the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 in my 1861.

Althought it does show up in the show diag

It can not be configured.

Tried to find some Cisco URLs for confirmation

but the best I can find

1861 DATA sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/ps8321/product_data_sheet0900aecd806c4dce.html

1861  Q & A

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/ps8321/prod_qas0900aecd806c4def.html

So it looks like you need a different router that can support E1 or use Analogue lines

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: